Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 92 G Conversion kit?

Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    The easiest to find G slides are for the .40 caliber 96. For range use only, I've used a 96G slide with a 92 barrel and magazine, with no issues.
    I’ve converted a 96G Centurion and a 96A1 to 9mm by swapping bbls, mags and extractors. Both have run without a hiccup and are trusted by me for carry. I haven’t seen any info where someone has made this conversion and had problems but would be interested in any other info out there.

I’m not crazy about the right side lever. I am used to the safety on my 92A1. I’m process of finding another 92 since my wife feels comfortable with mine if she needs it. With grandkids and me gone at times (hunting) she likes me leaving 92A1 with her. So I need another pistol. She likes the “dead trigger” of safety so I’ll probably NOT convert this one. I will certainly look for a decocker-only 92. Went to LGS to buy an LTT Elite a while back but rear sight was woefully “not centered in slide”, overhanging dovetail edge. This pistol was directly from Beretta. I don’t buy many pistols and I keep them. Just want to see one in hand before buying. And prefer to get one with sights reasonably centered (especially front) and no obvious machining issues. Have bought two 92A1s and wound up giving 1 to my son. Both were well manufactured. I know the Italian pistols can have problems too but these 2 were good. I’m pretty much sold on the 92 platform. My 87 year old mother has a Ruger 380 with a hammer (not striker) you can see but not put thumb on. She still shoots the pistol at times for practice and keeps bedside. She has been robbed (not home when happened) and lives alone. Last weekend she wanted to see mine. She loves the double action trigger (14# hammer spring) compared to her Ruger and likes being able to see hammer easily to tell if cocked. She is always uncertain about her Ruger’s status. She also likes the safety/decocker. Now she wants a Beretta. We are gonna shoot at my farm in a couple of weeks together. If she likes it she will probably want to buy one. That’s pretty funny if you ask me: 87 year old woman likes the controls of the DA/SA 92. Go Beretta!

Another option is the PX4 "F" model, which would give you similar controls, including the safety/decocker and "dead trigger", in lighter package.

PX4 https://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4-storm-full/

Also, if hand size is an issue for the ladies, the 92X has the same controls, but a slimmer grip and shorter trigger reach than the 92A1, and allows the use of the same magazines.

92X FR https://www.beretta.com/en-us/92x-full-size/

User Tag List