Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm Carbine vs...

I had one and sold it. I threaded the barrel and upgraded the trigger. It was fun. Blowbacks are still loud suppressed and there was a lot of burnt powder coming back with the can on. I think the Scorpion is nicer and has more aftermarket support. I played with other 9mm PCC and the one I have now is a 300 Blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The only major problem with the CX4 is the safety is a real pain in the ass to manipulate at speed. Other than that, it’s an accurate, reliable platform. If you’re already invested in 92-series or PX4s it makes a ton of sense.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the safety in my first post. I'm not a fan of the safety on the CX4.

For the money, I'd rather buy a Scorpion or maybe a Stribog and just live with the different mags. I think the Stribog mags are only $20 each anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I'm a fan of .357Sig too. As for getting .357 Sig ballistics out of one you won't get it. I was hoping also but in my 16" PCC it became apparent that the 9mm case just doesn't have enough capacity for powder to get there. I also have a brace equipped pistol with a 7" barrel and I get very little extra velocity out of either with hot loads. They both like the Win +P+ RA9TA load really well but 1300 is about the max it seems. Ironically, going the other direction, it's pretty hard to slow them down to achieve true 130 power factor gamer loads and requires a really light weight bullet or completely different powders from my stock on hand. I gave up pretty quickly on that.

User Tag List