Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Sales during riots

Well Hell!!!!! I guess my TRIARC-2011 custom order might take longer.... oh damn. Well fack... My Noveske and KAC will just get lonely.... If you want something now... I here @JodyH is having a sale..

Seriously... I guess ammo and 400-500 stuff will always be harder to find in times of distress....

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I've been through 3 buying panics and its hilarious that 92s are always the last to go.
    I work a few a few hours a week at a mid-sized gun shop, and we got hit with the panic like everyone else. Even with people desperate for something, anything to hold off the hoards of Rona Zombies, the M9A3 is still there. No interest in the Springfield MC Operator, either. I was also amused at the number of people who came in in urgent need of their first and only gun, asked for a Glock 19, then shrugged off the 4 or 5 P10Cs we had lined up in an otherwise empty case.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm thinking that riots and covid isn't going to change anyone's politics. It hasn't changed mine.
    Just today I got a text from one of the members of my networking group asking about the CCW class I teach, as she and her husband have decided to get a gun "due to the unrest and crazy times we're in." Up until now I would classify her as pretty strongly anti-gun, but not to the point where we haven't been able to discuss things civilly. She did say that she only wants her husband to attend the class because she "doesn't want to touch a firearm."

Only working 4 hours a week I didn't encounter any of it, but all of my co-workers anecdotally had stories about previously anti-gun people buying firearms, including one woman who vowed that she "will be returning this gun" when everything calms down, even after being repeatedly told that's not how any of this works...

Unfortunately I was told to stay home this week after playing the 6 Degrees of COVID Exposure (no symptoms, so hopefully it ends up being much ado about nothing), so I have no idea how the riots are affecting things. However I'm not optimistic that I could wander in and grab 9mm or .223/5.56, and I doubt our Glock stock is high. That Beretta is probably still sitting there, though...

I wonder why gun stores haven't been looted?

PS: Kicking myself for recently selling my ruger stock...

I have a good friend and professional colleague in Texas. Except for being pretty pro 2A, her politics are SJW ridiculous.

She texts me this afternoon: Hi Kanye. Can you send me the link to the online bullet store with the ammo you suggested?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I work a few a few hours a week at a mid-sized gun shop, and we got hit with the panic like everyone else. Even with people desperate for something, anything to hold off the hoards of Rona Zombies, the M9A3 is still there. No interest in the Springfield MC Operator, either. I was also amused at the number of people who came in in urgent need of their first and only gun, asked for a Glock 19, then shrugged off the 4 or 5 P10Cs we had lined up in an otherwise empty case.
    Surprised about the MC operator. Yeah I'm still seeing M9A3s.

Hammertime
    Maricopa County FFLs got an email from ATF to be sure to have a good inventory of their firearms in case they are lost in riots. Did ATF send this out nationally as well?

"FFL Alert - FFL Notification for FFLs in Maricopa County, AZ
    This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Possible civil unrest in our area may result in looting of businesses. The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and your required records. Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are a victim of an attempted burglary of your business."

Site Supporter
    Mostly first time buyers picked my local gun shop clean. Big demand for Glocks because of name recognition. CZ's flew out the door. Sig's and HK's followed. So did all the cheap Taurus models. Security shotguns and AR's followed. Ammo by the case was popular. Oddly, he got in a large stock of Federal Premium 45 ACP ammo. To his credit, he is not jacking up prices.

I havent been following the riots too closely so I may have missed it.
    Have any residential areas been hit? Were any hit in Furgeson?
    Im thinking the rioters either dont want to suffer the grief of burning down peoples houses or they dont want to get into a real fight. My inclination is to the latter.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Maricopa County FFLs got an email from ATF to be sure to have a good inventory of their firearms in case they are lost in riots. Did ATF send this out nationally as well?

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Possible civil unrest in our area may result in looting of businesses. The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and your required records. Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are a victim of an attempted burglary of your business."
    Yes - they routinely issue such alerts.

My SIL works PT at a large gun store and they attempted to enter the place last night with a stolen car. The bollards worked.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

Do they mention keeping an inventory list off-site? ("Dear ATF, the inventory list and the Form 4473s were in a filing cabinet in the backroom office at the shop. The building burned to the cellar hole. Sorry about that.")
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List