Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Sales during riots

Gun Sales during riots

During Covid gun sales went through the roof. I havent heard anything about the sales of guns and ammo currently but I would have to think that during this period of unrest at least for the affected areas there has to be a bump.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    During Covid gun sales went through the roof. I havent heard anything about the sales of guns and ammo currently but I would have to think that during this period of unrest at least for the affected areas there has to be a bump.
    Some things are still not available from distributors because of the pandemic. I'm guessing the stores can't get a lot of what they would normally be able to order. Just a guess.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Some things are still not available from distributors because of the pandemic. I'm guessing the stores can't get a lot of what they would normally be able to order. Just a guess.
    A nearby gun shop is out of Taurus G2 pistols and "they have no idea" when they can get more.

I saw a Chiappa knock-off of the m92 in their case. Most of tbe lower-priced stuff (Bersa, etc) they normally have was absent. They had many Glocks and Smith revolvers. So panic buyers now might be getting a better gun on average than a few months back?

I need to check with my friend who works at his dad's shop.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Think about which side of the political 'divide' the new buyers might be. Gun world folk seem to think new owners will be on the righteous side of their politics.

That will be an empirical question.

My dealers distributor is back-ordered on almost all 9mm Sigs. If I wanted one next week my dealer wouldn't be able to get it.

Site Supporter
    Every Academy I've been to in 5 towns is picked clean. I was lucky to find an 870 on the shelf. Bought it for birds and clays. Now I can't find any clays...

I've been through 3 buying panics and its hilarious that 92s are always the last to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Think about which side of the political 'divide' the new buyers might be. Gun world folk seem to think new owners will be on the righteous side of their politics.

That will be an empirical question.
    I'm thinking that riots and covid isn't going to change anyone's politics. It hasn't changed mine.

Site Supporter
    That wasn't my point. I was commenting on an implicit assumption that new gun buyers are on one wonderful side of the political spectrum. That might be mistaken as society collapses. Throwing fireworks and even Molotov cocktails might just be a beginning if folks truly think they are oppressed or are nutty ol' anarchists of various stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That wasn't my point. I was commenting on an implicit assumption that new gun buyers are on one wonderful side of the political spectrum. That might be mistaken as society collapses. Throwing fireworks and even Molotov cocktails might just be a beginning if folks truly think they are oppressed or are nutty ol' anarchists of various stripes.
    Thats why we carry and own what we own.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Thank you for the laugh!!!!!!!!!!!

The title, put the image of someone fighting through the rioting crowd, trying to get to and into the gun store, to buy a firearm.

User Tag List