Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Sales during riots

I was in my LGS for the first time in three weeks as I had to pay to have a dozen firearms be shipped to be sold. The inventory state was, shall we say, different. There were basically no "tactical" shotguns of any sort unless .410 was the order of the day. The small revolvers were gone. Plenty of Glocks and AR rifles and pistols.

Ammo was interesting. No 9x19, but plenty of .22 LR and .45 ACP. 12-gauge was down to dove loads, but 5.56 had tons of variety.

Went to the preferred LGS yesterday and they were slammed. Mostly folks wanting to use the range though so the gun sale counter wasn’t too busy. Most of the AR-15 patterned rifles were gone, but the pistol inventory was still pretty healthy.

Site Supporter
    Looked like there was a line out the door at my LGS, and so again I am happy that I have components and ammo enough to weather this nonsense.

Plenty of left wing folk getting to be awful fond of the shoulder thing that goes up...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Was in mine on Sat. Range was busy but store was not. Ammo was there (9mm, 5.56, etc), they had ARs on the walls and handguns in the case. Glock, Sig, STI, Wilson, etc.

Site Supporter
    Our range was steady yesterday. We did over 19k in sales with 4 of us working the counter. Had every caliber and we're getting our inventory variety back, but not everything is there (plus, distributors have increased the prices).

A local store got hit overnight and all inventory was stolen. We secured all ours in our safes, and moved empty ones to block all but two doors. Employees stayed behind to pull security on a volunteer basis, as yes this stuff is insured, but these aren't sneakers either (we have the largest inventory in the area).

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Looked like there was a line out the door at my LGS, and so again I am happy that I have components and ammo enough to weather this nonsense.

Plenty of left wing folk getting to be awful fond of the shoulder thing that goes up...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I’m wondering if this is going to change some attitudes about the 2nd amendment.

Nobody needs an AR15 huh? That didn’t age well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Our range was steady yesterday. We did over 19k in sales with 4 of us working the counter. Had every caliber and we're getting our inventory variety back, but not everything is there (plus, distributors have increased the prices).

A local store got hit overnight and all inventory was stolen. We secured all ours in our safes, and moved empty ones to block all but two doors. Employees stayed behind to pull security on a volunteer basis, as yes this stuff is insured, but these aren't sneakers either (we have the largest inventory in the area).
    Happened in Columbus Friday night. It doesn't seem to have made the news so I can't include a link.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Maricopa County FFLs got an email from ATF to be sure to have a good inventory of their firearms in case they are lost in riots. Did ATF send this out nationally as well?

"FFL Alert - FFL Notification for FFLs in Maricopa County, AZ
    This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Possible civil unrest in our area may result in looting of businesses. The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and your required records. Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are a victim of an attempted burglary of your business."
    I got a robocall last night with the same sort of message from a 202 area code. That was weird. Maybe because I have a C&R is the reason that message came.

Name:  04AE7858-7E04-413F-AD44-47876E96D89D.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  23.2 KB

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    The above, if it it’s true speaks to a sad undersell of 2a rights to non gun owners who would benefit from exercising their 2a rights, rather than anything like gun owning causing a trump vote.

Turns out the rights belong to everyone not just those of whom we approve.

User Tag List