Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Keepers Holster: The Cornerstone

To answer your question about how it differs from the Keeper, it differs in several major ways. First the original wedge on the Keeper that cams the pistol into the body has been slimmed down to the absolute minimum that is needed, which is the "wave". Additionally, it was built specifically to interface with the DCC clips. With over a year of development on the holster we have come to love the DCC clips as they provide a very robust mounting solution that is also very slim. Add these two things together and you achieve a very slim holster that is easier to conceal along with making it more comfortable for the user ( no mater what we all say, if you can reduce the foot print it will make the holster more comfortable). Lastly, we have built these holster with a mind to be able to survive a harsh environment just like the original Keeper, and with the extended testing we started in Jan we have been very happy with how they have held up.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Couple of questions...
    1. How does the Cornerstone differ from the Keeper in practical terms?

2. Tenicor Velo vs. Cornerstone?
    They are very different holsters. watch the video above,.

We have more features, but the one vs another is your choice..
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Couple of questions...
    1. How does the Cornerstone differ from the Keeper in practical terms?

2. Tenicor Velo vs. Cornerstone?
    I’ve had both and as I mentioned in a previous post I personally don’t like molded wedge on the back of the velo holster. I prefer the foam pad because I can cut it for my body style. I prefer a flatter one than the triangle shape that comes with the keepers holster. Also I prefer the split spacing of the dcc clips on the cornerstone. Holsters are very subjective and I don’t say this to knock the velo. It may work better for you. Sadly I think the only option is to weigh the pros and cons of each holster and buy one. You may end up buying the other if it doesn’t work out.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

One of my JMCK AIWB has something similar to that "wave", a hump in that position that brings the gun butt in nicely. Love that rig.

Tony's been makin' 'em that way for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I was looking at these yesterday and agree that it’s a really great design.

It does remind me of a Tenicor, but has the advantage of the rolled muzzle design that I’m sure is more comfortable than the open bottom of the Tenicor.

I’m curious if this design retains the other advantages of the original Keeper that Spencer covers in his class, and when it will be available for a P30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The wedge prevents the bottom of the holster from pinching or digging into you. Also, non open bottom holsters are a no go for ME as if you've spent any time rolling around on the ground or shooting, you will at some point get all manner of shit stuck in the holster itself preventing the gun from being re-holstered.

Other than that, to the OP, it looks like your body type loves that holster. Glad you're enjoying it!

Question about the rolled bottom - does the semi-closed style keep things from falling out freely? I see it's a little open on each side but not in the middle.

Whats the return policy if I don't like it? I already have more holsters than a gun shop, dont need to keep any more I dont intend to use.

Question about the rolled bottom - does the semi-closed style keep things from falling out freely? I see it's a little open on each side but not in the middle.
    I checked tonight and there is enough space for a shell casing to fall out if the shell casing is on its side.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    They are very different holsters. watch the video above,.

We have more features, but the one vs another is your choice..
    Are the clips adjustable for cant? They look like the same DCC clips I have on another holster, which are really only ride height adjustable. I can get maybe a couple degrees, but need a bit more in my next holster. I like this design, very efficient use of belt real estate

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Thanks for the review and the comments guys.

Everything you've mentioned is coming.. when time and capital allow it. RMR's, Beretta's 320's etc!!! As to the WML holster its a ways out There are some safety issues I have with I have with holsters built for them, it is easy to get something in the holster and near or on the trigger ( local LEO units have had Several AD's with the gun in a holster that accommodates a WML. seatbelts and other things have got in the holster and activated the trigger.)

The Cornerstone has a LOT of great design features!! here is a video we did on it.

https://youtu.be/a27RutmkiYY

Thanks
    S

Hi,

I watched the video and notice you have both the 17 and 19 in the same holster where say many holster makers make these differently as they are different lengths. I don't have much length in my pelvis which is one of the reasons why I went with a gun that has a shorter length aka the Glock 19. Why make a holster the same size as a Glock 17, won't that effectively make me carry a larger holster for a smaller gun and negate the benefits of more compact gun?

User Tag List