Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Light This Candle, Part Deux

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The Challenger explosion is one of my first memories of tv. I wasn’t quite 4 years old and Mrs Green, who ran an in home daycare sat us all down to watch the space shuttle with a teacher on it to launch...

I also had grandparents who lived in Decatur, Al and every summer they would take me and my brother up to the Space and Rocket center in Huntsville. I loved that place and need to go back as an adult, it’s been way too long.
    My God, I suddenly feel so old...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Yup.

pat

Site Supporter
    As they say, it’s still better than the alternative.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Elon Musk is, apparently, an insufferable prick. But his company developed a new and partially-reusable booster. SpaceX did it for about 60%, give or take, of what Boeing is being paid. Not to mention Boeing is basically flying a booster that was first developed over sixty years ago and, in its current configuration, uses Russian rocket engines (and the cheapest software engineers available).

Right now, if you're going to space, a good motto would be "if it's Boeing, I ain't going".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The Challenger explosion is one of my first memories of tv. I wasn’t quite 4 years old and Mrs Green, who ran an in home daycare sat us all down to watch the space shuttle with a teacher on it to launch...

I also had grandparents who lived in Decatur, Al and every summer they would take me and my brother up to the Space and Rocket center in Huntsville. I loved that place and need to go back as an adult, it’s been way too long.
    Ya, one of my first was this Neal guy backing down a ladder in a pair of goofy-looking sorels.

Just wait...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Ya, one of my first was this Neal guy backing down a ladder in a pair of goofy-looking sorels.
    I was going on 17 and in Rapid City, SD of all places that evening...

Got a little choked up watching that.

It was good to see some good news.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was going on 17 and in Rapid City, SD of all places that evening...
    That puts you slightly younger than my dad (not meant as a shot). He was about 10 when Freedom 7 launched - it's going to be cool once we can get face to face for him to compare notes with the kids re that launch and this one. Some details have changed, but the entire family around the TV watching history unfold today seems to bear a lot of similarities to his descriptions of being glued to TV and radio during the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    That puts you slightly younger than my dad (not meant as a shot). He was about 10 when Freedom 7 launched - it's going to be cool once we can get face to face for him to compare notes with the kids re that launch and this one. Some details have changed, but the entire family around the TV watching history unfold today seems to bear a lot of similarities to his descriptions of being glued to TV and radio during the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions.
    No offense taken. I wouldn't have missed the 60's for the world. (I was a big "Gus" Grissom fan.)

User Tag List