Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Light This Candle, Part Deux

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Finally, no more dependence on the Russians.
    They've got sixty-some trips to the ISS under their belt. I'd like to see NASA/SpaceX/Boeing do it reliably and repeatedly before celebrating.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    As a kid who watched the Apollo 11 landing on a small B&W television at our home in Hawaii and was a certifiable space nut, that almost brought me to tears.
    Our neighbor two doors down had a color TV; they let my family come over to watch the launch.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    ....Stand beside her, and guide her....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Our neighbor two doors down had a color TV; they let my family come over to watch the launch.
    Ours was on one of those four wheeled carts. You know, so you could take your viewing experience with you around the house. We did live thirty yards from the beach though.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

That was pretty cool.

I used to see the Shuttle launches from my house in Orlando. I went outside at t+1' here in Tampa just now, but didn't see a trail or plume.

But that was pretty cool nonetheless.

I remember watching some of the Apollo and shuttle program launches, and this Falcon 9/Crew Dragon launch was just as thrilling. I am so impressed by the first-stage of the Falcon 9 landing on the recovery platform/ship.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I remember watching some of the Apollo and shuttle program launches, and this Falcon 9/Crew Dragon launch was just as thrilling. I am so impressed by the first-stage of the Falcon 9 landing on the recovery platform/ship.
    I was kinda bummed they lost satellite signal. Hopefully there’s video available.

Site Supporter
    I am too young for Apollo. But I watched a bunch of Space Shuttle launches as a kid, including the explosion of Challenger on launch in 8th grade, and Columbia's re entry problem in my 5th year of law enforcement.

And I did tear up during today's launch, but I am told the pollen counts here are high.

pat

Site Supporter
    I was surprised at the emotion I felt while watching the liftoff.
    Second only to watching a classmate lift off in the shuttle back in 2010. (Night launch. In person. Wow.)

Combination of American pride, the success of capitalism... and just plain ’Murica!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I am too young for Apollo. But I watched a bunch of Space Shuttle launches as a kid, including the explosion of Challenger on launch in 8th grade, and Columbia's re entry problem in my 5th year of law enforcement.

And I did tear up during today's launch, but I am told the pollen counts here are high.

pat
    The Challenger explosion is one of my first memories of tv. I wasn’t quite 4 years old and Mrs Green, who ran an in home daycare sat us all down to watch the space shuttle with a teacher on it to launch...

I also had grandparents who lived in Decatur, Al and every summer they would take me and my brother up to the Space and Rocket center in Huntsville. I loved that place and need to go back as an adult, it’s been way too long.

User Tag List