Thread: RIP Jim Steinman

RIP Jim Steinman

Songwriter and frequent Meat Loaf collaborator Jim Steinman has passed away

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tm_term=second
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I saw that. I think he wrote every song on Bat Out of Hell, which came out around my junior year in HS.

RIP, and thanks for all the memories when I was young, blasting that album as loud as I could while driving down the road with the windows rolled down on a hot summer night.

RIP...you'll be fondly remembered.

Last edited by blues; 04-23-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    His trademark was overly long song names....

RIP.

Fondly remembered.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    RIP...you'll be fondly remembered.
    The duet at the end of that video is brilliant. Opera.

I remember the first time I saw that video. It was the days before MTV. I think they were doing an experimental TV station showing music videos after SNL, so that would have been 1am on a Sunday morning. I was still in HS. I probably came home with a wee bit of alcohol in my system, and stayed up to watch SNL, and then I watched the video station. I knew I had to get up in 3 or 4 hours to deliver the Sunday papers, but I was young. I had to keep the TV real quiet and sit real close because my parents would have been asleep then, and I grew up in a small house. They didn't care that I was watching TV, but I didn't want to disturb them. I was familiar with the song by then, but seeing it come to life was fantastic, especially the interplay between Meat Loaf and DeVito, who was lipsynching. Remember - music videos barely existed then. It was also a time of my life when the theme of the song was very relevant.

User Tag List