Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Let's Light This Candle, Part Deux

When I saw that there was going to be a launch, I asked Siri if we would be able to see it from up here in North Carolina. It's answer was no.

So I watched it on TV.

30 minutes later got a call from one of my relatives who lives about 30 minutes east of me on the coast itself. He said they could see a lot and it was very impressive.

Turns out Siri gave me the answer from a previous launch months or years ago that would not have been visible from up here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    When I saw that there was going to be a launch, I asked Siri if we would be able to see it from up here in North Carolina. It's answer was no.

So I watched it on TV.

30 minutes later got a call from one of my relatives who lives about 30 minutes east of me on the coast itself. He said they could see a lot and it was very impressive.

Turns out Siri gave me the answer from a previous launch months or years ago that would not have been visible from up here.
    Bummer! Where's the unlikes button?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Docking happening shortly.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Artemis booster stand test in about six minutes

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

A bit short of the planned eight-minute run time. Something went awry.

Well, that's why they fire these things on a test stand before trying to fly them (at two billion a pop).
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A bit short of the planned eight-minute run time. Something went awry.

Well, that's why they fire these things on a test stand before trying to fly them (at two billion a pop).

They are reporting '4 good engines' and still on schedule to move it to Kennedy for launch later this year. I have signed up for notifications and plan to go watch this one leave (if politics don't screw it up.)

SLS engine test: Second time’s the charm.

SpaceC/NASA’s flying again to the ISS very early in the 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    SpaceC/NASA’s flying again to the ISS very early in the 23rd.
    If I wake up around that time, I'll try to remember to stumble out in the yard. Night launches are incredibly cool.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I've seen a lot of launches, but the stage separation and engine burn after lit up the sky like I've never seen before.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List