Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more Gen 1-4 Reduced Pre-Travel SCDs?

Supporting Business taudevgroup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I donít have the guns in question any longer, but when I bought the poly triggers the #1 criteria for keeping it was that the SCD would lay completely flat and that I could get at least a tiny bit of trigger travel without visible movement. I was prepared to modify the trigger shot to accomplish that if necessary, but didnít have to.

This was on 2 Gen 5 19s and a 48. I never took any measurements, and it did feel like their was slightly more movement on the stock trigger before the SCD would move, but I felt comfortable enough with it since the difference was very small and the stock trigger would cause blisters on my finger.

I had one of their aluminum triggers on the same gun/SCD previously and with that installed the SCD would not lay flat (not even close) so I imagine you are right variance in their products across models and from unit to unit and I just got lucky with my 3 samples.
    It sounds like you knew what you were doing, and Iím glad it worked out for you (even if you ditched the Glocks and went to LEM HKs ó which are some of my favorite pistols). Perhaps I should order some new poly triggers from OWP. It would be great if they decided to greatly reduce the amount of pre-travel they were taking out.

@taudevgroup what are your thoughts on the SSVI TYR Trigger with a SCD? I have this set up on several pistols and they seem to work well together, but you know way more about this stuff than I do.

I pulled together these. Both G19.4s.
    Foreground is overwatch DAT and background is OEM. Both with SCDs.
    DAT SCD is ever so slightly not flat. Someone not Looking for an issue would call it flat. Trigger movement results in instant SCD movement. No slack.
    OEM SCD is perfectly flush and trigger has a few mm of slack before SCD reacts.

Name:  3A0B008F-9C67-4917-BB39-80D102FBDF57.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  21.2 KB
    --Josh

Supporting Business taudevgroup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    @taudevgroup what are your thoughts on the SSVI TYR Trigger with a SCD? I have this set up on several pistols and they seem to work well together, but you know way more about this stuff than I do.
    As of a couple of years ago, the SSVI triggers in Pre-Gen5 guns were good to go with the standard Gen1-4 SCD. Unfortunately, I have no idea if that is still the case. Part of the problem is that everyone (except Glock it seems) keeps changing, either intentionally or unintentionally, their triggers. Has SSVI changed theirs? I have no idea. I do know of a few other companies that have.

User Tag List