Thread: Fathers Day gift ideas

Fathers Day gift ideas

Chatting with the old man the other day he told me about a Swedish axe that he had when he worked on the barges in Washington. He came to Colorado to go to work and get a house lined up, then moved mom and us kids out after. His axe didn't make the trip and it bummed him out pretty good.

I was looking at axes when I ran across an eBayer out of Canada that sells vintage Swedish steel axe heads that need to be restored. I have a bid out on a 2.5 pound Hults Bruks head. If I don't win that I will bid on another. Once I secure a head I will get in contact with Tennessee Hickory and see if I can get a nice straight grain American hickory handle for it. If I can pull it together, it will be fun to hang out with Pa and restore and hang the axe.

What are you guys doing for your Dads for Father's Day?

Site Supporter
    Merge with cougar thread?

pat

For the long Sumner Nights in 2020
    FlexForce Hard Shell Control System, XL
    Name:  6UZE8_AS01.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  14.5 KB

Well, I have to admit. I thought it would take longer than the first post for this one to head into the ditch...

I'm trading the use of one of my mini-excavators and dozer to my buddy for the use of his ocean boat. I'm taking my old man halibut fishing, just the two of us.

The Old Man does woodworking in his spare time. A couple of years ago I got him a stamp you heat with a propane torch or MAPP gas to brand his projects. He mentioned recently he's just about worn it out so I'll be getting him another.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List