Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Grammar. Punctuation or at least a space or 2 FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Musik discussions can go no further without talks of Rammstein.....
    To be honest, music of Rammstein is not my cup of whiskey. This really sounds like "orders to a Panzer division". But there is one exception: The music from the beginning of the very cool movie "Triple X". It's called "Feuer frei!" (= Open fire!) and so it sounds.

Rammstein - Feuer frei!

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    To be honest, music of Rammstein is not my cup of whiskey. This really sounds like "orders to a Panzer division". But there is one exception: The music from the beginning of the very cool movie "Triple X". It's called "Feuer frei!" (= Open fire!) and so it sounds.

Rammstein - Feuer frei!
    "Engel" is great too.

Rammstein - Feuer frei!
    Yes. I’m very familiar.

If you (generally not specifically P30, I’m sure you’re aware ) can roll with perverse props - Till and the rest put on the quite the Live show.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Yes. I’m very familiar.

If you (generally not specifically P30, I’m sure you’re aware ) can roll with perverse props - Till and the rest put on the quite the Live show.
    The flames passing ~10 feet over my head were quite warm as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you haven't read the Border Trilogy, I really feel you must find the time. It's beautiful, lyrical, fantastical, and full of pathos. Plus, it's a great story.
    Sounds very good, thank you for the hint! I've just ordered "All the pretty horses" (as audio book) and started to listen.

There's a film version with Matt Damon. I've seen "The Martian" with him and really liked it. But first I will listen the audio book (for enjoyment and to improve my English).
    Last edited by P30; 05-30-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Sounds very good, thank you for the hint! I've just ordered "All the pretty horses" (as audio book) and started to listen.

There's a film version with Matt Damon. I've seen "The Martian" with him and really liked it. But first I will listen the audio book (for enjoyment and to improve my English).
    The film, as I recall, is not bad...but the book is so much more. I hope you enjoy it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

first I will listen the audio book (for enjoyment and to improve my English).
    I wish my Deutsch was half as good as your English. 4 years of classes in high school, very little use in the 20+ years since, and so the vocabulary is just gone, apart from what little I retain because of music, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The film, as I recall, is not bad...but the book is so much more. I hope you enjoy it.
    "How come Aquaman can control whales? They're mammals!"

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    "How come Aquaman can control whales? They're mammals!"
    No soap...radio.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Wow, this section from chapter 2 of "All the pretty horses" is great (a little abbreviated by me):

THEY RODE TOGETHER a last time on a day in early March when the
    weather had already warmed and yellow mexicanhat bloomed by the roadside.
    [...]
    His father rode sitting forward slightly in the saddle, holding the reins in one
    hand about two inches above the saddlehorn. So thin and frail, lost in his clothes.
    Looking over the country with those sunken eyes as if the world out there had been
    altered or made suspect by what he'd seen of it elsewhere. As if he might never see
    it right again. Or worse did see it right at last. See it as it had always been, would
    forever be. The boy who rode on slightly before him sat a horse not only as if he'd
    been born to it which he was but as if were he begot by malice or mischance into
    some queer land where horses never were he would have found them anyway.
    Would have known that there was something missing for the world to be right or he
    right in it and would have set forth to wander wherever it was needed for as long
    as it took until he came upon one and he would have known that that was what he
    sought and it would have been.
    I think, I get what you've written about the punctuation (some commas missing at least in the PDF that I've found via Google?). But listening to the audiobook, I don't notice it, no problem. I like it very much so far.
    Last edited by P30; 05-30-2020 at 07:01 PM.

User Tag List