Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grammar. Punctuation or at least a space or 2 FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    how dair u come two are country and criticalize are lazy grammer and righting!!!

If you not liking it hear, try germany where this entire post would be won single word.
    Ja

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Speaking of language...

How did words like "thug" and "gangster" become culturally appropriated by blacks. I grew up around thugs and gangsters and most all of them were white.

When did it become no longer appropriate to use the term?

Of course I'm referring to the anger at the president, (who I make no excuses for and am not a big fan of), but really, where does this end?

Was there a saxophone before John Coltrane? A trumpet before Miles? Who gets to decide what words are appropriate for me to use?

I just don't think folks get to bend the language in a way that results in only certain groups being able to use certain words or terms.

This is a problem which is self-created, imho.
    Reminds me of
    https://youtu.be/7sN09bYZj3Y

With great trepidation, I clicked on this.

Am I a bad person for kinda liking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    With great trepidation, I clicked on this.

Am I a bad person for kinda liking it?
    Nope, just young ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    My father is a chemical engineer and a pretty smart guy. When he retired, he gave up on punctuation with the exception of randomly placed strings of hyphens and the occasional ellipsis.

Purgatory -- only 50 cars -- I drove by
    the Mount Major parking area earlier this week -- on Route 11 in Gilford/Alton area - must have been 150 cars -- no one was social distancing.
    When I go out - which is not much - I wear a buff -- like a face mask -- so far Susie is fine -- but she won't wear any mask ..
    He is quite capable of writing a structured sentence or paragraph with the correct punctuation. He just chooses not to.

It drives me nuts.

Speaking of language...

How did words like "thug" and "gangster" become culturally appropriated by blacks. I grew up around thugs and gangsters and most all of them were white.

When did it become no longer appropriate to use the term?

Of course I'm referring to the anger at the president, (who I make no excuses for and am not a big fan of), but really, where does this end?
    Sure the origin of 'thug' is known to most, but here is a funnish read:

https://www.historybits.com/thugs-thuggees.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Sure the origin of 'thug' is known to most, but here is a funnish read:

https://www.historybits.com/thugs-thuggees.htm
    I remember reading about them, and movies about them back in the day.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Cheebus folks.

I’m no grammar nazi. In truth I’m not even a native engrish speaker.

The your/you’re to/too thing is simple enough to ignore. We’re all on tiny screen devices. I get it.

But for the sake of sanity - if you’re going to trouble yourself to post some long tangent at least put a space or 2 in the damn shit.

No one’s got time the time to translate 17 sentences all strung together like a teenage girl all caps angry text.

Thanks.
    I know, right:

Originally posted by Lisa-X:

...and Gibraltar as a girl where I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    I know, right:
    U really should use that as you’re sig

User Tag List