Thread: Seeking Holster Information

Seeking Holster Information

Hi folks. I'm a newbie here, and have a question I hope some member can answer. I'd like to know what kind of a holster is carried by many detectives on TV. When the sergeant says, "I need your badge and weapon," the detective pulls out the whole thing in one fell swoop. The holster appears to consist of a flat, flexible plate of some kind that goes inside the waistband. The plate is attached to the holster, which is outside the waistband. This is probably a simple question, but I've looked at a number of holster websites, and I can't find the kind of holster I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Paddle holster.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Usually with an FBI cant, yet forward in the appendix position.

Quote Originally Posted by ceilidhdog View Post
    Hi folks. I'm a newbie here, and have a question I hope some member can answer. I'd like to know what kind of a holster is carried by many detectives on TV. When the sergeant says, "I need your badge and weapon," the detective pulls out the whole thing in one fell swoop. The holster appears to consist of a flat, flexible plate of some kind that goes inside the waistband. The plate is attached to the holster, which is outside the waistband. This is probably a simple question, but I've looked at a number of holster websites, and I can't find the kind of holster I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
    FYI, in case you are working on some kind of writing or creative project, such scenes may well be inaccurately scripted. A significant percentage of police officers in the USA, probably well over half, own their duty firearms, and an even larger percentage probably own their own concealed-carry holsters. A supervisor may confiscate an officer’s ID/credentials and badge, but the weapon and holster may well be personal property. So, if accuracy is important, one should research the procedures of the specific department or agency.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Re: Seeking Holster Information

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    FYI, in case you are working on some kind of writing or creative project, such scenes may well be inaccurately scripted. A significant percentage of police officers in the USA, probably well over half, own their duty firearms, and an even larger percentage probably own their own concealed-carry holsters. A supervisor may confiscate an officer’s ID/credentials and badge, but the weapon and holster may well be personal property. So, if accuracy is important, one should research the procedures of the specific department or agency.
    Perhaps my first message was unclear. I am not working on any type of creative writing project. I simply quoted the "I'm going to need your badge and weapon" statement to indicate the type of holster I'm looking for. Many detectives on TV and in the movies are shown using them. It is not a conceal-carry holster. It's a one-piece unit, with a flat, flexible plate that goes inside the waistband and is attached to the holster, which is outside the waistband. I'd like to buy one of these holsters, but I don't know what they're called, and looking at various holster websites does not show me anything similar. Thanks.

Re: Seeking Holster Information

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Paddle holster.
    I apologize to you and to ViniVidiVici. I submitted my second post without reading your messages. The paddle holster is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks to you both!

User Tag List