Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which CZ to test the waters?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by falar View Post
    I think CZs are best enjoyed with a steel frame, with a safety (instead of a decocker), and without a firing pin block.

I'd try out a Shadow 1 and go from there.
    Why without a firing pin block?

I really wish they would make a single stack P-07 with a flush fitting/bobbed hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Why without a firing pin block?

I really wish they would make a single stack P-07 with a flush fitting/bobbed hammer.
    Better trigger, no stupid roll pin to break, easier to clean firing pin channel.

You can't go wrong with a P07 or P09. The DA pull really smooths out with some shooting or a little polishing, the single action has a light rolling break. The ergos are excellent. CGW and CZ Custom offer parts to improve or alter the trigger pull, reset, sights etc. to your liking and to top it off they're affordable.

I am partial to the P01, but the P07 is great as well. That said I have a P01 and SP01 that I really like both of because they compliment the Shadow for a range option. Fortunately or unfortunately both are going to be sold, as I have had a project in mind for to long that I am finally going to start! Either you choose will be a great option!

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    You can't go wrong with a P07 or P09. The DA pull really smooths out with some

shooting or a little polishing, the single action has a light rolling break. The ergos are excellent. CGW and CZ Custom offer parts to improve or alter the trigger pull, reset, sights etc. to your liking and to top it off they're affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Appreciate all the replies. I'm in northern VA and go to sharpshooters just because it's close to home. Maybe when tall the Kung flu business is over I'd love to entertain a try out if any of you are close. I guess the right answer is to buy both! A range near me might have CZs for rental. That would be cheaper than buying a "long term rental".

Btw are both equally as easy to mill for rds? The sights on the metal legacy 75s look really tall. I think the p07s were a little deeper in the slide.
    If you want to mill for RDS, you should probably go P07.

The P series was built around the .40SW cartridge so it is chunkoer all around, and the slide is wide enough to mount an RMR or Deltapoint with just a simple milling job, although you will need to pay extra to have a new rear sight dovetail milled in if you want BUIS.

The original CZ75s are built around 9mm, so they are thinner, about like a 1911 in the slide. This means an RMR will overhang the sides of the slide. Primary Machine has a service where they mount an adapter plate to a P01 or similar slide, to allow an rmr. Check out their website for pics, you will see it adds to the cost significantly.

On the other hand the newest mini pistol RDS's like the RMSc and Holosun HS507K should fit a CZ75 slide with no issue. I saw a P01 milled by L&M Precision that had an RMSc and still retained the regular CZ75 irons, front and rear. Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I have 2 P-09’s with dots. You probably won’t use factory suppressor sights if you want a “lower 1/3 co-witness”.

I used Dawson front and had it milled for a Glock Ameriglo rear.
    I didn’t realize P09’s could be milled for a dot. Who did the work? Have any pics?

I’ve owned two P09’s and I should have kept them. They shoot as flat as anything I’ve ever shot, are super accurate, and after break in great triggers. I have a small ergonomic issue that causes me to occasionally dump magazines while shooting them. Instead of working through it I dumped them for something else shiny. They’re really great guns.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I didn’t realize P09’s could be milled for a dot. Who did the work? Have any pics?
    @GJM has one in the for sale section.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post

I’ve owned two P09’s and I should have kept them. They shoot as flat as anything I’ve ever shot, are super accurate, and after break in great triggers. I have a small ergonomic issue that causes me to occasionally dump magazines while shooting them. Instead of working through it I dumped them for something else shiny. They’re really great guns.
    Name:  IMG_20200531_124741.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  82.2 KB
    Here are mine. Carry and competition. (P07 has been my competition gun so far, but hopefully this P09 will supersede it)

I bought both of these used.
    -The RMR with forward BUIS cut was done by a small shop, ultra low cut. I beleive the BUIS height is the same as typical CZ suppressor sights. Conceals very well.
    -Looking closely the RMR does overhang the slide ever so slightly, but not enough to feel/notice unless you are looking for it.

I just got the Deltapoint for the P09 and havent gotten to sight it in yet.
    -The work was done by Primary Machine and the fit is so tight I needed a rubber mallet and some patience to get the Deltapoint in there.
    -the Deltapoint is exactly flush with the top of the slide.
    -the Deltapoint is so long there is no room for a rear sight dovetail. Of course you can buy the Deltapoint rear sight attachment.
    -on rmr cuts, Primary can mill a Glock rear sight dovetail either in front of or behind the optic.

I almost bought a P07 from a forum member here that was cut by L&M precision. He had the BUIS in the normal position, and recut both dovetails to take SIG sights. Based on what I know, if I was getting a P-series cut, I would go with Promary Machine if I wanted to keep cost low and just wanted simple BUIS, or L&M if I cared about using aftermarket BUIS or might remove the optic.
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 05-31-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Cajun Gun Works did one and Vulcan bought the other. The previous owner had the CGW do the optics cut. I did the Vulcan do the other. I have a few thousand rounds through each with no issues.

I would do Vulcan again because he’s local and seems to do solid work. If I was shipping anyway, I’d consider Vulcan among the many other shops that do fine work too.
    David S.

I know there’s already a thread but since this one is more current: What is the hive mind AAR on the P-10 series now that it has been out for a while? I loved my cajunized P-07 (despite the occasional bump fire which was definitely a software issue on my end).
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List