Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which CZ to test the waters?

I have a P01 Omega and a P07. I really like both, but for the P07 just works better for me. Ergos are outstanding. I did have the backstrap stippled since it is kind of slick. Talon grips would also solve this. If it will not be for carry, I would highly recommend the P09. I own 3 of them and they are amazing. The P09 is very soft and flat shooting. I shoot better with it than my Sp-01 tactical 9mm and 75B omega. I would say it is my favorite polymer handgun period.

I will say with the P07 and P09 the out of the box DA trigger quality can be different from gun to gun. My first P09, an UG/SR model, had a good trigger out of the box and really turned out excellent with a few CGW parts. My next P09, an OD green model, had a rough DA trigger at first. The same CGW parts helped some, but the trigger did not really get nice until I put about 500 rounds through it along with dry fire. My third P09, a black standard model, had a very good trigger right off the start and really came around with the same CGW parts and a little polishing. My P07 OD green model had an ok trigger out of the box. With the same CGW parts and some polishing it was really good. I have several thousand rounds through it these days and it is excellent.

Also, like others have said. Post your location and see if a CZ owner can link up with you. I know for a fact I would for sure. I love letting shooters try out my CZs. 9 times out of 10 they love them.

Name:  IMG_5669.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  51.1 KB
    My vote is on a P01 worked over by Cajun.

I was very impressed with the P07 I test drove a while back, and, with a little judiciously shopping around, you can find them darn near dirt cheap.

The P01 is cooler looking, for sure, and aluminum framed, so not soulless plastic, but the P07 would be my first stop.

Appreciate all the replies. I'm in northern VA and go to sharpshooters just because it's close to home. Maybe when tall the Kung flu business is over I'd love to entertain a try out if any of you are close. I guess the right answer is to buy both! A range near me might have CZs for rental. That would be cheaper than buying a "long term rental".

Btw are both equally as easy to mill for rds? The sights on the metal legacy 75s look really tall. I think the p07s were a little deeper in the slide.

The P-07 suppressor-ready model seems well-suited for a RDS.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

If I was going CZ, to shoot faster, I would pick the Shadow 2, as she is queen of the fleet! After a month plus of shooting the S2 with a SRO, I have come to the conclusion that I split the CZ faster but draw and transition a Glock faster, making for almost no difference. Just gets down to what you enjoy shooting more.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Love my PCR!

Go big or go home, CZ97B.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I have 2 P-09’s with dots. You probably won’t use factory suppressor sights if you want a “lower 1/3 co-witness”.

I used Dawson front and had it milled for a Glock Ameriglo rear.
    Last edited by David S.; 05-29-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    David S.

I think CZs are best enjoyed with a steel frame, with a safety (instead of a decocker), and without a firing pin block.

I'd try out a Shadow 1 and go from there.

User Tag List