Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: CT State Police No longer uses 1911

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    Solid choice, but I am surprised they did not go 45 since The issue gun is 45: unless that’s changed. We were an M&P department until last Oct. We then transitioned to Gen 5 Glock 19. We had great luck with the M&P and wanted to go M&P 2.0. In 9. Smiths trade offer was laughable so we ended up with Glocks.
    Probably going to G45’s this year, no more P220’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Soooo....Did we ever figure out the color of the boathouse at Hereford?
    How the fuck would we know?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Millbarge View Post
    How was the reliability with the P220s?

Attached Images Attached Images  

If you're who you say you are, what song did I sing for you on your birthday last year?

Great choice the 45's were not out when our agency started the process, The 45MOS would be my pick since it allows the option of PMO in the future. A number of agencies near me are going this route.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How was the reliability with the P220s?
    The guns themselves were fine. The magazines were shit. They routinely fail because the magazine body doesn’t go all the way to the baseplate. It stops short and has a metal locking insert. So you basically have all the stress on the plastic baseplate, mounted on the two little metal tabs at the bottom of the magazine. Poor design.

Great choice the 45's were not out when our agency started the process, The 45MOS would be my pick since it allows the option of PMO in the future. A number of agencies near me are going this route.
    We considered that, the agency wasn’t ready for that.

We considered that, the agency wasn’t ready for that.
    Understood, its a significant cost to do it right and requires a good amount of training to become proficient, I think in 5 years it will be the norm. Red Dots on Patrol rifles was initially frowned upon, now fast forward to today. In my area every dept near ours has RED Dots on their rifles and Less Lethal launchers etc.

Understood, its a significant cost to do it right and requires a good amount of training to become proficient, I think in 5 years it will be the norm. Red Dots on Patrol rifles was initially frowned upon, now fast forward to today. In my area every dept near ours has RED Dots on their rifles and Less Lethal launchers etc.
    We have Aimpoints on all our patrol rifles. The launchers have Aimpoint or EOTechs.

User Tag List