Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CT State Police No longer uses 1911

We want the details. I've been interested in this issue for years.

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    P-F is better than this.

Everyone who has a grievance in this fight should stop with the allegations. Start posting evidence in the form of photos, official documents, etc. Otherwise, step off and take it to any one of the other forums that thrive on such highschool lunchroom drama.
    I've been trying to be open minded that this could go somewhere that's relevant and informative. To date I'm disappointed. We'll see how it continues, but admin is aware and watching.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Which one is Taran, and which one is Jade?

(IBTJ!*)

*in before Tom Jones...

Sorry folks. It was my comment back September of 2019 that apparently was recently noticed and precipitated this event. I was quoted out of the blue by the OP of this thread who appears to have taken umbrage at my remarks which I stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I can't get this click back.
    Lost mine too

Quote Originally Posted by CerTac View Post
    Thank you for educating me on the decorum of the forum.

My goal in designing and building pistols started when Aldo Zitta met me and we discussed some of my ideas and compared them with his products. This was a very long time ago when he was making items for Spec Ops groups and competing HEAVILY in competition circuit. Al finally told me to get a 07 License and go into designing and producing firearms. Fast Forward to today, I have my own forgings. I found where numbers were wrong/transposed in the blueprints and those little numbers added up to lots of sloppiness or, lots of hand fitting of over sized parts. I attacked the little issues and problems went away. Correctly sized parts now fit perfectly. More specifically, MY correctly sized parts. Everything with the exception of springs and pins is of my design. When I found failures, I addressed those failures. If I can control every aspect of the frame, slide, barrel and all the parts, I know how a firearm will go together. I set out to make a HARDENED gun. My sights are hardened, they're not soft leaded metal. My last design is for a front sight. It takes lessons from an Express Rifle and applied that thought process to the front sight of a 1911. A 470 Nitro Express can't have it's front sight fly off when "The Black Death" is charging you. That's a Cape Buffalo to the non-hunters out there. I just wanted to make MY style of guns where you didn't have to FIX things right out of the box like I did with my first Colt National Match Gold Cup. You simply take the gun to the range, shoot it until it can't shoot anymore, clean it, lube it properly and it'll run perfectly. My original gun, CT000 which is STILL a shop mule has well over 200K rounds of ammo put through it. 125K of those was done by the government in a testing facility. The gun runs so smoothly I still take it out just to feel how smooth it is. Its UGLY, it has black on black sights, but it was the genesis of the Mark V program where my firearms come with all the bells and whistles you'd pay a proper gunsmith to install. I make Real Fighting Guns! Yes, I make competition guns too, but I figure if it's good enough to fight for your life with, it'll be good enough to compete with too. (Depending upon which discipline, No disrespect to gun racing guys, I'm a big fan). I know my style of gun is not for everyone, nor will everyone appreciate the attention to detail nor the price. But I was a cop who had to carry a standard Glock. Our Glock 21SFs broke constantly. I like Glock, but I always pose the question to my clients: will the polymer still be strong in 100 years if you're lucky enough to hand that firearm down to your grandchildren? This may not be everyone's view, but to me, Steel Guns are REAL Guns. Yes, I carry a Glock, I compete with CZ, Glock and others, but if the End of the world scenario comes to fruition, I'm carrying one of my Mark V Directed Operations Group (DOG) pistols.

I hope this answers your questions in the manner you wish. I'll answer any question you ask of me.

To L2, I've only Heard they went with S&W 9mm because they may have gotten them for free.....I cannot prove nor disprove that rumor. But they did that with Sig.

Thank you for asking on my health. I appreciate that.

Revolver Rob, Thank YOU! I didn't know you knew of me or my work, but am curious to know what you've seen.

Respectfully submitted,
    OK,

Facts matter.

1.What "Spec Ops" group specifically. We have a pretty select group of members here at PF, to say the least.

2.It sounds like John Moses Browning got it wrong, you corrected all the problems that he could not. What did JMB do that was not working?

3.Apparently Glock got it wrong as well. What did Glock do wrong in their design?

4. What U.S. Government testing facility shot your gun 125,000 times in testing and can you provide a link to the data?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

I hope I'm not violating forum rules, but this link to a two page thread on another site is kind of informative. Started out pretty rough, them calmed at the end:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...-64680/?page=1

This thread illustrates why I lost interest in 1911s. I had some expensive guns, and they all had problems that needed solving by expert gunsmiths. But who to choose? Each claimed to be the one who had the secret sauce to make 1911s reliable. But none of it brought the magic.

Maybe I missed out on the one single 1911 design that actually works like a modern combat firearm? Honestly I don’t care at this point because I have 100’s of thousands of trouble free rounds through Glocks, Sigs, and CZs (steel and polymer).

If I want to pass on a polymer gun to my grandkids, and the nylon has decayed for some weird reason, I’m sure I’ll be able to 3D print a new frame.

If I were going to buy an expensive all-steel CNCed hipster gun, it would be a CZ Custom A-01 or an Alien.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-31-2020 at 07:05 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I hope I'm not violating forum rules, but this link to a two page thread on another site is kind of informative. Started out pretty rough, them calmed at the end:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...-64680/?page=1
    Thank you. A lot of actual info in that thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List