Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now we have a new Central Park Karen

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Except this time it's a Tom and ironically he's in MN.

Those viral videos will lock your ass up every time.

https://www.newsweek.com/minneapolis...filing-1507111
    Pro tip to the clueless: Almost everybody has a video camera on their person. If you want to act ignorant around other people, assume that somebody's got video rolling on your dumb ass.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Except this time it's a Tom and ironically he's in MN.

Those viral videos will lock your ass up every time.

https://www.newsweek.com/minneapolis...filing-1507111
    Pro tip to the clueless: Almost everybody has a video camera on their person. If you want to act ignorant around other people, assume that somebody's got video rolling on your dumb ass.

Edited to add: It is probably high time that we all start treating each other with the same degree of courtesy and respect with which we would like to be treated. The old saw about being treated with the courtesy due an armed man comes to mind. For a viral video can mess up your life almost as badly as a bullet.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yup.

I used to do a lot of workplace harassment training (how to avoid, not how-to). I would preface what was typically a 45 session with something along these lines:

Your employer is paying me to talk to you for 45 minutes today, and that’s what you’ll get, and we’ll go through all the legal definitions and nuances and processes and talk through some scenarios. But what this really is is a self defense course — self defense against the head of HR here having to call me and say “Jeff, this is what Bob did, what do we do about Bob” and me ultimately having to advise that you really have no choice but to suspend Bob for a week or terminate Bob.

I’ve forgotten more than half of what I learned in law school and most of you are going to forget all the legal stuff, so here are the only 3 three things you have to remember:

1. Don’t do or say anything you wouldn’t want to see on the front page of the local paper.
    2. Don’t do or say anything you wouldn’t want someone else to do or say to your wife, husband, daughter, son, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, father or mother.
    3. Use simple common sense, common courtesy and good judgment in your workplace conduct.

User Tag List