Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now we have a new Central Park Karen

Now we have a new Central Park Karen

Except this time it's a Tom and ironically he's in MN.

Those viral videos will lock your ass up every time.

https://www.newsweek.com/minneapolis...filing-1507111
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-28-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Except this time it's a Tom and ironically he's in MN.

Those viral videos will lock your ass up every time.

https://www.newsweek.com/minneapolis...filing-1507111
    I said this in the other thread. If you're white, don't call the police on African Americans for any reason. It's not safe. Just leave and let them do whatever it is they are doing. It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I said this in the other thread. If you're white, don't call the police on African Americans for any reason. It's not safe. Just leave and let them do whatever it is they are doing. It's not worth it.
    Probably not the best advice. Break contact and call the police if you have sufficient reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Apparently that's what they did at the 3rd police precinct in Minneapolis except it was the police that left. I'm not sure what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Apparently that's what they did at the 3rd police precinct in Minneapolis except it was the police that left. I'm not sure what that means.
    It means that at that moment, at least, the administrators themselves, or on orders from higher up, directed that the police not violently confront the mob which was breaching the precinct...for fear, I suppose, of fanning the flames and making things worse in the long run.

Obviously, this is not, and cannot be a viable long term strategy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Probably not the best advice. Break contact and call the police if you have sufficient reason.
    Depends on what you value. Social order or being left alone. Same reason people in the 'hood don't call the police, they have seen that the repercussions for doing so make it not worth it. Show me how the SJW movement is any different then the neighborhood thugs about punishing those it disagrees with. In the age of "doxxing" and all the bullshit going on now, I can't say he's wrong and wouldn't blame anyone who made the same decision.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It means that at that moment, at least, the administrators themselves, or on orders from higher up, directed that the police not violently confront the mob which was breaching the precinct...for fear, I suppose, of fanning the flames and making things worse in the long run.

Obviously, this is not, and cannot be a viable long term strategy.
    Along those lines, I'm wondering what orders the Nat'l Guard might have. Back in the 60's riots they were armed and IIRC actually shot a few people or at least returned fire. Not talking about Kent State. Policy must have changed since then but it doesn't seem like rioters have changed much.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Van's my hero.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Van's my hero.
    There is one aspect within what he says (because I simply can't agree to a statement that is so overbroad and simplistic, as well as purposely divisive): I've seen more bigotry (against not only race, but gender and sexual orientation, and other minorities) from folks at the higher reaches of socio-economic status (mostly the low bigotry of soft expectations, with a strong dose of "those people ...") than I have on the lower end of SES. The more virtue signalling I see from those who are rich enough to not be really affected by hard times, the more I find people who think trash of minorities.
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 05-29-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List