Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now we have a new Central Park Karen

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Depends on what you value. Social order or being left alone. Same reason people in the 'hood don't call the police, they have seen that the repercussions for doing so make it not worth it. Show me how the SJW movement is any different then the neighborhood thugs about punishing those it disagrees with. In the age of "doxxing" and all the bullshit going on now, I can't say he's wrong and wouldn't blame anyone who made the same decision.
    I'd suggest the likelihood of receiving life-altering SJW wrath is even smaller than the likelihood of being in a gun fight (assuming a normal person's cuntiness, obviously). For me personally, the likely-hood (ha) of being in a place where I'd be afraid to call the cops is next to zero. So for some people in some places, I get it but I also wouldn't mold a rubber stamp either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    There is one aspect within what he says (because I simply can't agree to a statement that is so overbroad and simplistic, as well as purposely divisive): I've seen more bigotry (against not only race, but gender and sexual orientation, and other minorities) from folks at the higher reaches of socio-economic status (mostly the low bigotry of soft expectations, with a strong does of "those people ...") than I have on the lower end of SES. The more virtue signalling I see from those who are rich enough to not be really affected by hard times, the more I find people who think trash of minorities.
    I can't disagree with your observation, T. Though I don't travel in particularly high socio-economic circles, to be honest. That said, I've seen more than my share of prejudice, (in all the categories you mention, plus religion), among folks who are well educated and from solid middle class families (and above).

It's kind of inline with the mistaken perception of the Southerner as racist. I don't doubt that there's racism / prejudice in the South, it's just that there's no less of it in the North. And the wolf in sheep's clothing is often the more dangerous predator.

Personally, I am not comfortable among folks who hide behind those masks, and have cut loose a few folks I once considered friends as a result.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The Hammer:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/ho...m-85307-tbla-2

Court records: Woman tells visiting Hispanic couple to ‘get out of my country’

By Nicole Hensley Updated 7:36 pm CDT, Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A woman is accused of following a New Orleans couple’s car in Montrose before confronting them with a hammer and then yelling at them to “get out of my country, you Mexicans,” according to court records.
    Look at the pictures.

Site Supporter
    Re racism and prejudice in the North v. South. A recently deceased 80 yr old black gentleman (Bill) explained it to me this way having started as the son of cook/handyman and died a retired GS 15 Step 10,spending the last 15 years of his life opening churches and schools in Kenya.

"In the south, white folks don't care how close black folks get so long as they do not get too big." This view first manifested itself for Bill and his family when as a child, they left the outhouse up in the yard so white folks did not know they had indoor plumbing way before most folks in the county, black or white. Bill's father used plumbers from two counties over and paid top dollar in cash to have the job done as quickly and quietly as possible.

Bill had four pair of shoes growing up every year because his daddy taught him that if you give your shoes a rest, they last longer. Two pairs of sneakers, two pair of dress shoes. Bought in the back of a general store. They could use one chair in the corner to try them for size and leave. The owner was always civil but they opened the store on Sat. morning and were gone within 5 minutes-10 minutes.

"In the north, white folks don't care how big black folks get so long as they do not get too close." This view first manifested itself for Bill when he had been a govt employee for 5 years, was transferred from KY to MO and had difficulty buying a house in the suburbs despite having stellar credit, no debt other than a car payment and a certified cashier's check from United Missouri Bank representing a 20% cash down payment.

FWIW
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 05-29-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Is she wearing a shirt with a Mexico flag?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Hard to tell. It looks like one due to the colors. That central something could be the Eagle and snake logo. The color scheme of the Mexican flag and Italian flag are similar, the latter without central device. Her name sound a little more of Italian origin but that's a guess. Certainly, loco or pazza

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Re racism and prejudice in the North v. South. A recently deceased 80 yr old black gentleman (Bill) explained it to me this way having started as the son of cook/handyman and died a retired GS 15 Step 10,spending the last 15 years of his life opening churches and schools in Kenya.

"In the south, white folks don't care how close black folks get so long as they do not get too big." This view first manifested itself for Bill and his family when as a child, they left the outhouse up in the yard so white folks did not know they had indoor plumbing way before most folks in the county, black or white. Bill's father used plumbers from two counties over and paid top dollar in cash to have the job done as quickly and quietly as possible.

Bill had four pair of shoes growing up every year because his daddy taught him that if you give your shoes a rest, they last longer. Two pairs of sneakers, two pair of dress shoes. Bought in the back of a general store. They could use one chair in the corner to try them for size and leave. The owner was always civil but they opened the store on Sat. morning and were gone within 5 minutes-10 minutes.

"In the north, white folks don't care how big black folks get so long as they do not get too close." This view first manifested itself for Bill when he had been a govt employee for 5 years, was transferred from KY to MO and had difficulty buying a house in the suburbs despite having stellar credit, no debt other than a car payment and a certified cashier's check from United Missouri Bank representing a 20% cash down payment.

FWIW
    Interesting anecdote @vcdgrips

It's funny. As a really young boy in Queens, the handymen that worked in the not quite projects we lived in were mostly black, mostly southern. When my mother didn't know where I was, (which was most of the time, especially back then in the 50's), she knew I was probably following them around, (I was like their mascot), and learning how to bleed a radiator or fix a pocket watch or a toaster, or in the case of Abner, in the cellar apartment with him, his wife and kids where he often brought me to his table.

Those kind men treated me like I was one of their own, and I knew no difference other than they looked darker, were big and strong compared to me and laughed and smiled most of the day. I could never dishonor their memory and I think of them often.

I like to think that my black partners on the job recognized that in me, though I never told them that story about my youth.

We should never forget that for all of the bad, north and south, there is also a lot of good. There could (and should) certainly be more. But small steps are better than no steps.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Too easy. Don't raise a fuss about an issue if you don't even know it's an issue. If one isn't a dick they would start out with friendly banter and a workout. Not try to end gracefully with one. Now he's boo hoo white grievance.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I said this in the other thread. If you're white, don't call the police on African Americans for any reason. It's not safe. Just leave and let them do whatever it is they are doing. It's not worth it.
    This is wrong. The lesson here is not to make assumptions and accusations based solely upon a person or persons appearance. Their actual actions have to be taken into account as well. A person being dressed a certain way or of a certain complexion is not solely cause for alarm but can be cause for closer observation. If they are actively committing a crime or are displaying a combination of behaviors that are alarming or out of place given the entirety of the situation, that may be cause to alert authorities.

Currently wearing a mask in bank or convenience store would not justify calling police whereas 3 months ago it may would have. On the other hand if 3 masked individuals wnter the store also wearing long coats in almost june and spread out to different corners of the store while one approaches the counter, we have a different situation.

You should call the police on those engaged in criminal behavior not people who are randomly black, white, or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Hard to tell. It looks like one due to the colors. That central something could be the Eagle and snake logo. The color scheme of the Mexican flag and Italian flag are similar, the latter without central device. Her name sound a little more of Italian origin but that's a guess. Certainly, loco or pazza
    I'd go with stronza.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List