Thread: American Outdoor Brands to change its name to Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc.

American Outdoor Brands to change its name to Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., May 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- American Outdoor Brands Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: AOBC), one of the world's leading providers of firearms and quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast, today announced that it will change its name to Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc., effective June 1, 2020. The name change reflects the company's preparation for the previously announced spin-off of its outdoor products and accessories business as a tax-free stock distribution to its stockholders in late summer 2020, a transaction that would create two independent, publicly traded companies: Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (which would encompass the firearm business) and American Outdoor Brands, Inc. (which would encompass the outdoor products and accessories business). The company's common shares will continue to be listed for trading on the Nasdaq Global Select exchange under the new ticker symbol 'SWBI' beginning at the market opening on Monday, June 1, 2020. In conjunction with the name and ticker symbol change, the company's common shares will be assigned a new CUSIP number of 831754 106.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    {Yawn}

Hedge-fund guys getting another cut.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    SPRINGFIELD, Mass., May 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- American Outdoor Brands Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: AOBC), one of the world's leading providers of firearms and quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast, today announced that it will change its name to Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc., effective June 1, 2020. The name change reflects the company's preparation for the previously announced spin-off of its outdoor products and accessories business as a tax-free stock distribution to its stockholders in late summer 2020, a transaction that would create two independent, publicly traded companies: Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (which would encompass the firearm business) and American Outdoor Brands, Inc. (which would encompass the outdoor products and accessories business). The company's common shares will continue to be listed for trading on the Nasdaq Global Select exchange under the new ticker symbol 'SWBI' beginning at the market opening on Monday, June 1, 2020. In conjunction with the name and ticker symbol change, the company's common shares will be assigned a new CUSIP number of 831754 106.
    Key words. Like SB said, another hedge fund to invest in.

I'm glad I don't know where my money is invested. Just keep my head above water, that's all I ask.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I liked it better when Marcas Registradas was still running the place.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I liked it better when Marcas Registradas was still running the place.
    Trump deported him back to his shithole country.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    {Yawn}

Hedge-fund guys getting another cut.
    I don't understand this statement. Can you please enlighten me as to how a name change affects a hedge fund manager.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I don't understand this statement. Can you please enlighten me as to how a name change affects a hedge fund manager.
    They're going to issue new stock in both companies. It smells like a transaction that's being done mainly to benefit those who make money doing such things: Bankers, hedge-fund guys, etc. My suspicion such tings rarely work to benefit the companies, their workers or most shareholders.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    They're going to issue new stock in both companies. It smells like a transaction that's being done mainly to benefit those who make money doing such things: Bankers, hedge-fund guys, etc. My suspicion such tings rarely work to benefit the companies, their workers or most shareholders.
    Smells?

You're probably right in that a lot of these manipulations usually come out best for the manipulators, but don't forget that a lot of 401k's that the workers are invested in hold stocks, funds, etc in these companies and will benefit as well
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List