Thread: Discrete / disguised pistol magazine carrier?

Discrete / disguised pistol magazine carrier?

Is there a pistol magazine belt carrier that's discrete or disguised to look like something else - maybe a sunglasses or cellphone case - sideways n the belt, maybe?

I'm transitioning from "always pocket carry" for pistol and spare magazine to "sometimes belt carry" for both. I prefer pocket carry for both both but when I'm traveling I need my pockets for other things. I have belt magazine carriers, but their design is for fast retrieval and when in that position the magazine floorplates tend to rub and annoy me, particularly when I'm driving.

Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Is there a pistol magazine belt carrier that's discrete or disguised to look like something else - maybe a sunglasses or cellphone case - sideways n the belt, maybe?

I'm transitioning from "always pocket carry" for pistol and spare magazine to "sometimes belt carry" for both. I prefer pocket carry for both both but when I'm traveling I need my pockets for other things. I have belt magazine carriers, but their design is for fast retrieval and when in that position the magazine floorplates tend to rub and annoy me, particularly when I'm driving.

Anything?
    A pocket knife or toolman holder could be used.

Maybe try an AIWB-focused mag pouch, like the DSG Koala or JMCK High Ride? I use the latter and find it comfortable for a G17 magazine.

Something like a Snag Mag?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    What about this one from Safariland?
    Name:  DG_SAF__123_MagPouch_Horizontal.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  58.5 KB
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Google "sunglasses belt case" and you'll see endless varieties to choose from. Some have snap closures, some velcro, some have more rigid forms. Carried horizontally in a closed case, I'd think a somewhat sloppy fit wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    What about this one from Safariland?
    Name:  DG_SAF__123_MagPouch_Horizontal.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  58.5 KB
    I used one of those years ago, as I recall it worked well. A friend often uses a lockblade knife sheath with a snap flap.

Not as fast as kydex, but the Snake Eater and Philster IWB carriers conceal great for me, especially with a 43X/48 magazine.

https://www.snakeeatertactical.com/p...agazine-pouch/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks. I'll explore the suggestions and post back.

Not really disguised but definitely horizontal http://bawidamann.com/horizontal-uber-cc-qd-glock/ I believe Doc Sherman House is/has run these

User Tag List