Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STI Changes Company Name To Staccato

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    STI, the inventors of the 2011, has rebranded itself as "Staccato," the same name as the company's line of duty and personal defense-oriented pistols that were released last year. The newly dubbed Staccato says "the Staccato brand reflects the company's vision for the future."
    https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2020/...e-to-staccato/
    These are the days of lasers in the jungle
    Lasers in the jungle somewhere
    Staccato signals of constant information
    A loose affiliation of millionaires
    And billionaires and baby

Am I the only one who immediately went there?

OK, instead of website name stiguns.com it's now https://staccato2011.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    Not saying it isn't a good channel, just be aware that Hilton now works for/with/consults for/with Staccato (formerly STI).
    He's a member here, too. Can't remeber his handle to tag him in.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 05-29-2020 at 07:49 AM.

The name change is terrible. Its like honda changing thier name to civic!

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Yes, very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    No, it might be good thing if they are improving. I still have a bad taste in my mouth about STI. It looks like that in recent years they have stepped up their game but in the past their products have been overpriced for what you get.

I built a 2011 about 10 years ago with a lot of STI components and wasn't really all that impressed with their stuff. Infinity always had the better hardware and quality.

A little history that states the patent has expired
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    An STI by any other name is...still expensive! (smile)

Dave

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm neutral on the name change. My issue remains what my issue with STI has always been. For a $2000-2500 pistol, I would way rather buy Wilson or upper-tier Dan Wesson products. I've seen more proof of the quality and reliability there. Even as expensive as STI are, there were always reports from hither and yon about them not working.

I'm open minded, so I'll keep watching, but when you're playing in the $2K+ market it's on the manufacturer to make me daydream about buying their stuff one day. Wilson and Dan Wesson do that great. STI/Staccato has not yet. Ed Brown did it once upon a time until I found out he's a jerk.

Has anyone reputable and/or a PF supporting member actually done a serious wring-out of their Staccato P-series gun?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Before Mr. Skinner died, there was an Acronym associated with the letters STI. I'm certain upon his passing they wanted to leave that behind.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I'm neutral on the name change. My issue remains what my issue with STI has always been. For a $2000-2500 pistol, I would way rather buy Wilson or upper-tier Dan Wesson products. I've seen more proof of the quality and reliability there. Even as expensive as STI are, there were always reports from hither and yon about them not working.

I'm open minded, so I'll keep watching, but when you're playing in the $2K+ market it's on the manufacturer to make me daydream about buying their stuff one day. Wilson and Dan Wesson do that great. STI/Staccato has not yet. Ed Brown did it once upon a time until I found out he's a jerk.

Has anyone reputable and/or a PF supporting member actually done a serious wring-out of their Staccato P-series gun?
    In past times I would agree with you. But currently my STI is the equal of my Brown and Wilson. Which may say somethong about how close modern manufacturing gets you in the build process. Then it becomes how good the final execution is and how well the company stands behind it. But in my mind STI is a company in transition. Not sure yet if thats good, bad, or neutral.

But I still hate the new name!

User Tag List