Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Does a short barrel .45 make sense

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    The recoil reduction I could see beneficial but I just wonder if there’d really be any felt difference between 230gr and 185gr. Guess I’d just have to try a box or two and see.
    Yes, there is a difference in felt recoil. I shot bullseye for years using 230, 200 and 185 grain bullets. There is a difference. How much difference it makes to you is for you to decide.

But as far as the lighter/faster bullet being better, I wasn’t saying that based on being fact at least from me because I just simply don’t know. All i know is there’s a ton of people on both sides of the fence where one group says lighter/faster is better and the other group says heavier is better for maximum impact energy. I don’t even know where I stand on that. Lol.
    It's about optimizing the projectiles performance with the length of barrel, not about which one's definitively better.

But depending on the situation, wouldn’t point blank firing through a door be a little different from firing through a door from afar? I don’t know about firing a round through the door of my pickup but firing a round through the door of this Pete would seem like a much easier feat.
    If a closed and, I presume locked, semi door is between you and a threat, I don't know how much of a threat you'll be able to articulate later if you take a shot. I'll leave that issue to our resident legal minds.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    You said if I’m not going to have penetration anyway that a wadcutter would be better than just FMJ’s and I was asking why I wouldn’t have penetration from a tried and true hollow point......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I said expansion.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If a closed and, I presume locked, semi door is between you and a threat, I don't know how much of a threat you'll be able to articulate later if you take a shot. I'll leave that issue to our resident legal minds.
    Guns were reportedly flashed in one of the recent attempted hijackings. I could also see being threatened or attacked with incendiary devices as a a non-zero probability event in the current situation.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I said expansion.
    I don’t know why I said penetration... meant to say expansion. I meant to ask why I wouldn’t have any expansion..... from a hollow point bullet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With out too much effort one could read previous postings about short 4/5ths.

If it were really a concern I would contact the manufacture and get info on velocity windows for a round you may be interested in. Then get a sky screen and see if you have adequate vel. for upset.

One could also carry ball as most 4/5ths JHP's are likely not going to upset in a sub 4 inch gun. But there could be new stuff on the market that does?

For me the ACP is just for fun do to SHO/WHO. (vs. a 9)

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I don’t know why I said penetration... meant to say expansion. I meant to ask why I wouldn’t have any expansion..... from a hollow point bullet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Insufficient velocity.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Does a short barrel .45 make sense

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Insufficient velocity.
    Sooo, none of my ammo is going to expand? It did here....

https://youtu.be/Q28V7xQoZjc

What do you guys have to say about these Inceptor rounds? Another gimmic-round?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yes, there is a difference in felt recoil. I shot bullseye for years using 230, 200 and 185 grain bullets. There is a difference. How much difference it makes to you is for you to decide.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if there was. That’s quite a jump going from 230 down to 185.

It’s about optimizing the projectiles performance with the length of barrel, not about which one's definitively better.
    Gotcha. So pretty much in other words, a longer barrel 45 wouldn’t necessarily matter if it was 230 grain, 200 grain or 185 grain as far as enough barrel length for proper velocity? Just pretty much recoil reduction at that point really is all we’re talking?

If a closed and, I presume locked, semi door is between you and a threat, I don’t know how much of a threat you'll be able to articulate later if you take a shot. I'll leave that issue to our resident legal minds.
    Guess I don’t get what you’re saying here…

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Guns were reportedly flashed in one of the recent attempted hijackings. I could also see being threatened or attacked with incendiary devices as a a non-zero probability event in the current situation.
    Supposedly there was a gun seen in the crowd that prompted the FedEx driver to hit the gas, and the one that drag the person in front of the tires then eventually died from that... or is that totally off base of what you’re talking about?

Site Supporter
    Supposedly there was a gun seen in the crowd that prompted the FedEx driver to hit the gas, and the one that drag the person in front of the tires then eventually died from that... or is that totally off base of what you’re talking about?

That’s the one
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List