Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Trip To The Gun Store....LE6920's Galore...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I don't know about the new Las Vegas digs, but I believe Botach was that way when in LA. The reasoning as I understood it was that they were a Class III dealer, and keeping non-qualified people from contact with NFA stuff was easiest if they just weren't in the building.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    The cool thing about the free market system is that if the price it too high, they won't sell. The first batch of rifles sold out almost immediately. I am sure that Pandemic Panic has a lot to do with it as well as the perception that Colt rifles would not be available again. I think that it is also important to note that not all consumers spend every waking moment chasing the dragon. Like it or not, Colt has a solid reputation and in this era of "everybody makes an AR" is a known quantity.

I don't really have a dog in the fight and understand both sides. I would not pay that much for a Colt, the last one I bought was 750 NIB, but obviously some people will. The way I see it, that just leaves more equal/higher quality rifles for me to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Right?!

I know I'm living in 2007, but a 6920 should be 750-800 bucks out there in the world.

I'm not spending BCM/Noveske/Daniel Defense/Geissele/Sionics money on a frickin' Colt.
    In 2010, 6920s were $1300, and hard to come by. Only fairly recently did they dip to the $1000-range, and I don’t think $1200ish is unfair for what you get.
    Last edited by Dan_S; 05-28-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I was able to pick up my last LE6920 for 750 from RifleGear. It was the stripped model with no furniture, but I usually change that anyways. So I guess I would add about 125 for the furniture I like and the total price would be 875. This was a few years ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I think that it is also important to note that not all consumers spend every waking moment chasing the dragon.
    Then they’re doing gunsumering all wrong...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    In 2010, 6920s were $1300. Not sure where you were finding them for 750-800...
    It varies but at various points over the last 16-years, I've seen Colts range anywhere from $2000 to $750. The LE6920s (or whatever the M4-esque model number was back in the day) I remember seeing for around $850 out the door at places like GT Distributors prior to November of 2008. After that, finding a sub-$1000 Colt was much more difficult, hence my "living in 2007" comment. GT has them listed now for $949.

Honestly, $150 increase in price over those 2007 prices isn't bad, the problem is - the market has caught up and it's not "Colt or nothing" for quality AR rifles anymore.

It seems like yesterday, but there was a time where having a Colt on the shelf was a hot shit piece of kit. I sold guns for a living around that time, compared to the typical garbage we were getting in (Bushmasters, early Smith MP15s, DPMS, Spike's etc), the Colts were crazy awesome. But really in '08 when Obama was elected shit went sideways and not only could we not keep the cheap shit on the shelf, we couldn't keep the good shit on the shelf either. Seriously, I worked the day after Obama was elected. For four months prior, we had ~half-dozen Sig 556s in stock priced at about $1300/each, we couldn't move them. Day after the election? I, personally, sold four of them. I went to lunch and came back and the other two were gone. By that point every Bushmaster, DPMS, Smith, and Colt we had was gone. Then the run came on shotguns and pistols.

After that, the explosion of the AR15 market has effectively driven it so that Colt is now an "entry-level" weapon of good quality. Back in the day of 2006-2009 (a Wednesday IIRC) if I wanted to see a Daniel Defense or Noveske on the shelf, I had to go to one of two Class III dealers in the Austin-area, because those guys sold the high end kit. Last time I was in GT Distributors in Dallas (about 7-8 months ago) there were three Noveskes and four different Daniel Defense models on their shelves...It's just a totally different world.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Then they’re doing gunsumering all wrong...

OK...this is the best comment I have read in a month!!!! I am going to have a whiskey in your honor!

Glad I could help!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JclInAtx View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I read this and made assumptions.
    Our offices and warehouse are open to active/retired law enforcement and military personnel with proof of ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Most likely COVID related.
    No. They only do walk in sales for LE /MIL but anyone can order from them.

I really do prefer the 6920 or the LMT equivalent. I'm gonna change the rail and furniture anyway, but the gun itself gives me nothing to complain about

User Tag List