Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Trip To The Gun Store....LE6920's Galore...

Interesting Trip To The Gun Store....LE6920's Galore...

I stopped in a local gun store and they and piles of 6920's. It looks like Colt is releasing AR's back into the civilian marketplace. I wonder if they had an overrun or are really back for good?

Site Supporter
    Election year.

All of the boxes were marked .223. I wonder if that is Colt's way of saying they are MPRs instead of something more evil. It reminds me of the Colt Sporter days....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    All of the boxes were marked .223. I wonder if that is Colt's way of saying they are MPRs instead of something more evil. It reminds me of the Colt Sporter days....
    FWIW, they’ve marked the 6920 boxes “.223” for years. I guess they figure that real ‘Muricans don’t speak metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    FWIW, they’ve marked the 6920 boxes “.223” for years. I guess they figure that real ‘Muricans don’t speak metric.
    Well there are countries that have gone to the moon and then there are countries that use the metric system so I guess that makes sense!

Site Supporter
    I stopped in a local gun store and they and piles of 6920's. It looks like Colt is releasing AR's back into the civilian marketplace. I wonder if they had an overrun or are really back for good?
    Colt stops releasing ARs when the bottom drops out of the market to pursue more profitable product lines.

Record panic buying increasing price and demand = Colt AR’s back on the market.

If Trump wins and COVID is controlled in 2021 or 2022 they may come back off the market till the 2024 election cycle drives up prices agin.

It’s just business. Not the dolphins coming back to Venice. .

Site Supporter
    Well there are countries that have gone to the moon and then there are countries that use the metric system so I guess that makes sense!
    Colt Board meeting, 2020, colorized.

The knitting-circle-ninnies on the internut that’s like to watch every move Colt makes just to shriek from their YouTube channel or blog about how it’s all some big conspiracy to deprive them of “mah rights” don’t really deserve the time it took me to type this sentence.

In no other business, and almost no other company do business decisions made by people interested in making money get the “constitutional” scrutiny that gun companies, and Colt in particular, get from people that couldn’t manage a lawn mowing business when they were 16 let alone any sort of adult operation now. These same folks will gleefully proclaim “see, Colt don’t make no money” without the foggiest idea of what’s really happening. If “Colt didn’t make no money” they wouldn’t be in business, and if they didn’t tweak their production to the ave use that make the most money, they wouldn’t make no money.

I wouldn’t mind getting one of those Colt CCUs to stick in the back of the safe, so I’m hoping this is a sign they’ll start pumping guns into the commercial market again. Maybe whatever contract they had is up and/or they realized that the panic buying is more profitable than M4s for Asscrackistan.

So...you gonna tell us what store this was and the price on these things, or are you planning on hoarding 40 LE6920s for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So...you gonna tell us what store this was and the price on these things, or are you planning on hoarding 40 LE6920s for yourself?
    Would like to know myself...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List