Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Josh from Holosun talks new products for 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/live/rVyps7g_nlI?feature=share

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dang. That SCS 320 GR looks very interesting. I prefer red dots, but I could see that being THE answer for an agency issuing 320s.

I am particularly looking forward to the new RMR footprint, competition model with a large display, and could see using it on most EDC type pistols that don't have a closed emitter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    Has anyone had a pistol machined to direct mount a 509t? I'd be curious to hear about how this worked out.
    Name:  26248DA0-BA8F-48B1-BD58-06FABB9A99A6.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  36.0 KB

P229 9mm, work done by Impact Machine. I’ve actually had 2 done, just need to get the optic for the second one. Very happy so far.

Are Holosun 509t with the green reticle discontinued? It seems to be out of stock at all my usual places, snd a bunch of other dealers that turn up from a Google search.

Holosun 509t2 Parallax test

Cross posting this:

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ... sighted my 509t2 ACSS offset optic today. Here’s a quick parallax test at 50yds:

center and bottom edge: POA
    top edge: 2.5” high
    left edge: 1” left
    right edge: 1.5” right, 1.5” high

Not enough to cause significant accuracy issues at 10-20yds.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-31-2023 at 03:23 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have a new P365 XL with a Holosun 507K. I’m still getting used to it, for sure… I had been shooting my G19 with an SCS pretty consistently, and the P365 XL trigger has a different feel.

I’ve run into the issue below. I zeroed at 10 yards on a 2-inch dot. When shooting the B8 slow fire, the gun seems to shoot very different at 10 and 25. You can see the center group is all at 10 yards, with the dot right on top of the X. The high shot was me; I called it. Yet at 25 yards, I get a clear high-left pattern, aside from that high shot (also a called flier). The 25 yard group was actually two strings.

I feel like the difference between a 10 yard and 25 yard zero shouldn’t be so significant? Maybe it’s something I’m doing?

For what it’s worth, I shoot at center at both distances with the Glock 19.Name:  IMG_2747.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  47.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    I have a new P365 XL with a Holosun 507K. I’m still getting used to it, for sure… I had been shooting my G19 with an SCS pretty consistently, and the P365 XL trigger has a different feel.

I’ve run into the issue below. I zeroed at 10 yards on a 2-inch dot. When shooting the B8 slow fire, the gun seems to shoot very different at 10 and 25. You can see the center group is all at 10 yards, with the dot right on top of the X. The high shot was me; I called it. Yet at 25 yards, I get a clear high-left pattern, aside from that high shot (also a called flier). The 25 yard group was actually two strings.

I feel like the difference between a 10 yard and 25 yard zero shouldn’t be so significant? Maybe it’s something I’m doing?

For what it’s worth, I shoot at center at both distances with the Glock 19.Name:  IMG_2747.jpg
    It is a lot easier to see windage deviations with a 25 yards zero than a 10 yards zero. I would expect your hits at 25 yards to hit higher than at 10. I would zero at 25, then reshoot at 10 as a next step.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post

Another issue may be the group size at 10. A 2" target is too large got a 10 yard zero, imo. I use a 10 yard zero but with a paster with rounds impacting in the paster (MSP method) and it translates well at 25 per my expectation. Your deviation might simply be a loose 10 yard zero that isn't showing itself until 25. Food for thought
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Another issue may be the group size at 10. A 2" target is too large got a 10 yard zero, imo. I use a 10 yard zero but with a paster with rounds impacting in the paster (MSP method) and it translates well at 25 per my expectation. Your deviation might simply be a loose 10 yard zero that isn't showing itself until 25. Food for thought
    Spot on. I have a printable 10 yard zero target posted that has a point of aim that matches the size of your dot at that distance, with all the math for adjustments on the target at this post: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1460324

LGS uses a distributor that has Flat Dark Earth 509Ts. Stock photo they were provided was a black 507comp. I said screw it and ordered it but couldn’t find anything on google that shows this offering and wondered if anyone has any pics of one lol. I have a 19x that I’m trying to keep full boat FDE and was about to order an FDE RMR but I’m super glad this is an option!

User Tag List