Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Primary Arms / Holosun 509 ACSS is out, but comes with this warning:

"Note: The 509 ACSS model does not share the same footprint as the 509T (non-ACSS models) and therefore is incompatible with aftermarket mounting solutions and custom cut slides for the 509T (non-ACSS models)."

WTF? Really?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

"Note: The 509 ACSS model does not share the same footprint as the 509T (non-ACSS models) and therefore is incompatible with aftermarket mounting solutions and custom cut slides for the 509T (non-ACSS models)."

WTF? Really?
    Is it possible they have gone with ACRO footprint?

I could never bring myself to get a slide milled for the 509T. I figured as soon as I did the footprint would go away and they would standardize on something else. I hope it's ACRO.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Is it possible they have gone with ACRO footprint?

I could never bring myself to get a slide milled for the 509T. I figured as soon as I did the footprint would go away and they would standardize on something else. I hope it's ACRO.
    I doubt it's an Acro footprint. I think they had to do something odd with the housing to make the ACSS reticle work, and now it doesn't fit the standard 509 footprint.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-21-2022 at 09:54 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I doubt it's an Acro footprint. I think they had to do something odd with the housing to make the ACSS reticle work, and now it doesn't fit the standard 509 footprint.
    It looks quite a bit longer in the picture.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-21-2022 at 09:54 PM.

I’ve been pretty vocal in my suspicion of Holosun, mostly because of their PRC ownership. But, I have to say their stateside customer service is first rate - enough so that I am definitely going to give more of their products a try.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

WTF? Really?
    It looks like you can buy it with an MOS plate or an RMR plate.

They probably mean that the plate is a little different than a 509T so if you had something milled specifically for a T you might need to elongate a cut or something. But if you’re mounting on an MOS or RMR footprint use the supplied plates.

I’m thinking of buying one for an open gun for rain. RMR footprint currently.

WTF? Really?
    I mentioned this in the Centurion Arms slide thread, but there's a reason 509T-cut slides don't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve been pretty vocal in my suspicion of Holosun, mostly because of their PRC ownership. But, I have to say their stateside customer service is first rate - enough so that I am definitely going to give more of their products a try.
    I've been very satisfied when dealing with their CS. I am also not a fan of their Chinese ownership, but they seem to actually be innovative and listen to the customer (which is more than even some American optics companies can say *cough*Trijicon*cough*).

Posted these photos in a separate thread, but thought they'd be appropriate here too.

407K in green, have not sighted in yet but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing;

• The 6 MOA dot is crisp with my corrective lenses, which was a primary objective
    • The dot goes nuclear bright on max setting, can easily see the dot on midday, sun-lit snow
    • The integral rear BUIS seems like it will fine for the intended back-up use, and measures .007" lower than the 10-8 rear sight that came off so existing front sight should be fine
    • For a "compact" model, I find the window large enough to quickly acquire the dot on presentation, especially with no separate BUIS to obscure the view
    • The Shake-Awake feature works perfectly, leaving mine set to the default 10-minute setting

I'm looking forward to getting some range time with the new set up.

Hey all, apologies if this has been answered in the pages before.

I’ve got a direct milled g48 with a 507K, curious as to what irons people are running in conjunction with this setup that provides a lower-useable sight.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List