Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Site Supporter
    Just received my 407CV2 yesterday. Mounted it on my Gen 5 19 MOS with the CHPWS plate I already had on the pistol. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but in dry fire I really like it and the features it has. Trying to decide on whether I keep it on the Glock and put my RMR on my 1911 or vis a versa. Decisions Decisions....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Just received my 407CV2 yesterday. Mounted it on my Gen 5 19 MOS with the CHPWS plate I already had on the pistol. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but in dry fire I really like it and the features it has. Trying to decide on whether I keep it on the Glock and put my RMR on my 1911 or vis a versa. Decisions Decisions....
    Interested in your thoughts. Just picked up another G5 G19 MOS and have the CHPWS plate waiting. Was going to go with another RMR but this will strictly be a training gun so was considering the 407 or 508 V2 instead.

Ran my 407c v2 for the first time today. I ended up taking it off auto brightness, as it just wasn't adequate for my eyes in a variety of light conditions.

It held up for 150 rounds today. I wasn't sure about the qc since it didn't come with a battery tray but they sent me one and all seems good so far. I'll post if it has any issues.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Interested in your thoughts. Just picked up another G5 G19 MOS and have the CHPWS plate waiting. Was going to go with another RMR but this will strictly be a training gun so was considering the 407 or 508 V2 instead.
    Up front I'll say again that this is without a range session.

I prefer the mount it once and done, rather than removing it to change the battery as with the RMR. Also the battery tray eliminates the need for the RMR sealing plate to get a good battery connection and to seal the bottom of the unit against moisture.

I found the auto brightness feature to work well inside my home while moving from room to room with varying light conditions. It seemed to react instantly from a brightly lit to a dimly lighted area. I only tried it indoors (keeps the neighbors from getting nervous).

I found the 2 moa dot to bloom less than the 3.25 moa dot on my RMR with my astigmatism. I had the dot set to setting 6. I like the shake awake feature. It also seems the the slight upward curve of the lens housing allows me to find the dot quicker during presentation.

Hope this helps.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Holosun has a new optic with a chevron and a 250 MOA circle. I believe the intention of the circle is to help tell you where the center of the optic is. Personally I can take or leave the giant circle but a giant chevron like that is my dream reticle for a rifle so I am stoked. I just wish they'd put it in their 503 tube or 512 or even the 508 so I could get something enclosed to throw on a rifle

https://www.facebook.com/Mrgunsngear...9637930926520/

No idea if this is going to be production or just a test unit.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Holosun has a new optic with a chevron and a 250 MOA circle. I believe the intention of the circle is to help tell you where the center of the optic is. Personally I can take or leave the giant circle but a giant chevron like that is my dream reticle for a rifle so I am stoked. I just wish they'd put it in their 503 tube or 512 or even the 508 so I could get something enclosed to throw on a rifle

I believe you are talking about the ACSS configuration in conjunction with Primary Arms - it is going into production and is already available for pre-order on the Primary Arms website. SKU: HS507C-V2-ACSS MPN: HS507C-V2-ACSS

Interesting. I bet newer or less practiced red dot shooters will love that feature. Would like to see batery life tested myself, what with that massive circle being on all the time.

I beleive this is the sight you are looking for:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Interesting. I bet newer or less practiced red dot shooters will love that feature. Would like to see batery life tested myself, what with that massive circle being on all the time.

I beleive this is the sight you are looking for:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle
    Tried that, their chevron is entirely too small in that one so it just looks like a oval blob to me; virtually unusable without a magnifier. This one has a much larger chevron unless that camera is lying.

Tried that, their chevron is entirely too small in that one so it just looks like a oval blob to me; virtually unusable without a magnifier. This one has a much larger chevron unless that camera is lying.
    I think you are correct on that. It is 10MOA which is pretty big.

User Tag List