Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

The shake awake on my year and a half old V1 507k on my P365 stopped working last week. I emailed Holosun last Wednesday and had a prepaid priority mail shipping label 2 hours later. I had it in the mail Thursday. Just got an email saying my replacement is shipping back priority mail, so less than a week after it got back to them. I hadn't even registered it for the warranty when I got it because I never get around to doing that kind of thing, so I'm especially impressed.

Banned

Holosun 507C X2 vs. HE508T X2 for shotgun?

Can anyone offer any advice on the Holosun 507C X2 vs. HE508T X2 for shotgun? Wondering which would be the best choice between these two to mount to a Beretta 1301 with an Aridus CROM mounting plate.

On paper the features between the two look essentially identical; same features, same battery life, same reticles, same operation/buttons function, etc. Only real difference seems to be the titanium housing on the 508 compared to the aluminum housing on the 507 along with a $60 increase in price for the 508. the top/done of the optics are different with the 507 having a domed top and the 508 having a flat top. The 508 also has more subdued graphics on the side when compared to the 507.

Are there any other differences between the newest versions of the 507 and 508 aside from aesthetics and the aluminum vs titanium housings? Does the titanium housing make this optic even more durable when it comes to mounting it on a semi-automatic shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by OldManClemens View Post
    Can anyone offer any advice on the Holosun 507C X2 vs. HE508T X2 for shotgun? Wondering which would be the best choice between these two to mount to a Beretta 1301 with an Aridus CROM mounting plate.

On paper the features between the two look essentially identical; same features, same battery life, same reticles, same operation/buttons function, etc. Only real difference seems to be the titanium housing on the 508 compared to the aluminum housing on the 507 along with a $60 increase in price for the 508. the top/done of the optics are different with the 507 having a domed top and the 508 having a flat top. The 508 also has more subdued graphics on the side when compared to the 507.

Are there any other differences between the newest versions of the 507 and 508 aside from aesthetics and the aluminum vs titanium housings? Does the titanium housing make this optic even more durable when it comes to mounting it on a semi-automatic shotgun?
    I like the 510 for long guns. Nice, big window.

Are any specific retailers known for Holosun deals? I’m looking for a HE503CU-GR, and the best price I’m finding so far is about $250 shipped.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Are any specific retailers known for Holosun deals? I’m looking for a HE503CU-GR, and the best price I’m finding so far is about $250 shipped.
    I'd be interested this as well, also keeping in mind it's the holiday season, there are obviously supply chain issues with many things currently, and we'll be experiencing more and more shipping delays moving forward so with all that said I have tended as of late to jump onto something if it's exactly what I want and it's in stock because I may not have that opportunity in a day or so. So if it means spending a couple bucks more to get what I want now I can rationalize it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    The shake awake on my year and a half old V1 507k on my P365 stopped...
    Quit working as in optic wouldn't turn off or optic wouldn't turn on.

And a related question. Do all the Holosun sights have the option to shut the motion sensor/auto shutdown off?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Quit working as in optic wouldn't turn off or optic wouldn't turn on.

And a related question. Do all the Holosun sights have the option to shut the motion sensor/auto shutdown off?

It would go to sleep and not turn on again unless I pushed a button. I changed sleep time between 10 minutes and 2 hours and that was functional. This particular optic had exhibited the same behavior some time back but it cleared up on its own the first time, so I guess it's always been defective. I'll have the replacement tomorrow, hopefully it will be GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    It would go to sleep and not turn on again unless I pushed a button. I changed sleep time between 10 minutes and 2 hours and that was functional. This particular optic had exhibited the same behavior some time back but it cleared up on its own the first time, so I guess it's always been defective. I'll have the replacement tomorrow, hopefully it will be GTG.
    Did you try it with the auto function turned completely off?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Did you try it with the auto function turned completely off?

The first go round I turned the auto function off and manually turned the sight off at night and on in the morning. This time I said f it and switched to my back up EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I like the 510 for long guns. Nice, big window.
    Between the 507c and 508t I would take the 508t which I have multiple of, and am happy with despite paying more than what they are selling for now.

If it's a long gun though, I would rather have the 510c like mentioned because the sight is probably a little more durable and cheaper. It is aluminum bodied with a titanium shroud, and happens to be my favorite red dot including against my Aimpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I'd be interested this as well, also keeping in mind it's the holiday season, there are obviously supply chain issues with many things currently, and we'll be experiencing more and more shipping delays moving forward so with all that said I have tended as of late to jump onto something if it's exactly what I want and it's in stock because I may not have that opportunity in a day or so. So if it means spending a couple bucks more to get what I want now I can rationalize it.
    There's a number of sellers that offer discounted Holosuns and an easy place to check is the gundeals Reddit page. Some off the top of my head include midwest optics, Schuyler arms, and Kenzie's.

User Tag List