Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

My general rule for BUIS is .315 for direct milled installations and .350 with a MOS style plate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ran through the available options again today.

Givens are: Glock 19 MOS, 2021 production; Forward Controls OPF-G, RMR plate, Holosun 507c MRDS. Keeping with Ameriglo, in sequence of rear sight heights, sets GL-429, GL-470, and GL-506 have rear heights (top of sight to dovetail bottom) of 0.394, 0.429 and 0.451 respectively.

After squinting at the numbers today, and doing some computations, having currently a 0.394 on the rear, and it being below deck height, the next set up that should clear the deck height is the GL-470. Front sight associated is 0.350, so the set would retain the rear to front "delta" of about 0.080 that helps me shoot to POA.

So I think what I will do is shoot the current setup for a while while I continue to vet the gun, then if the Ameriglos perform ok (mainly don't walk out of the rear dovetail, as I've heard some make mention of) I'll order a set of the GL-470s and stick them on.

Both the first try and future second try numbers are in the spreadsheet snip below. I made some changes to show the important results (red is bad) from the first set (current set) on the gun and the (future set) sights that should work.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  81.5 KB

Holosun 509T X2

Name:  Holosun 509T X2.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  77.5 KB

I read on another forum that same Holosun green optics are subject to a recall, where the optic goes into lock out mode and won’t exit.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I read on another forum that same Holosun green optics are subject to a recall, where the optic goes into lock out mode and won’t exit.
    Haven't heard about a recall, but (if I remember correctly) we did have one Holosun green optic in a class that wouldn't "wake up" several times. This seems consistent with that single experience.

Site Supporter

509T-RD Gen1 worth it

Ladies and gentlemen, do you think the 509T-RD on sale at C&H is worth giving it a shot for a new Red dot shooter?
    @$289.95, I thought it could be worth testing until the ACRO P2 and 509T X2 come out. TIA

https://chpws.com/product/holosun-509t-rd

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeEater View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, do you think the 509T-RD on sale at C&H is worth giving it a shot for a new Red dot shooter?
    @$289.95, I thought it could be worth testing until the ACRO P2 and 509T X2 come out. TIA

Absolutely. I have 3 and like them.

Quote Originally Posted by CakeEater View Post

I would say yes with the only caveat being my C&H plate is a piece of garbage. I cannot get my 509 to stay mounted to this thing.

The first time, the optic loosened from the plate with proper application of vibrate VC3.

The second time, the plate screws became loose once again after properly degreasing, applying vibratite and torqueing the screws.

The third time, the optic came loose from the plate...again. Once again, properly degreased, vibratited and torqued.

The plate itself is too soft and once you go over 12 inch lbs, you can see the plate torquing upwards, ie bending. At 12 inch lbs, the optic will not stay on the gun. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I'm pondering a 507c-x2 on an optics ready S&W M&P 2.0 Compact as an inexpensive "plug & play" RDS option.
    I was thinking the C&H plate would be the way to mount, but I'm not reading good things here.
    What would be a better alternative?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I would say yes with the only caveat being my C&H plate is a piece of garbage. I cannot get my 509 to stay mounted to this thing.

The first time, the optic loosened from the plate with proper application of vibrate VC3.

The second time, the plate screws became loose once again after properly degreasing, applying vibratite and torqueing the screws.

The third time, the optic came loose from the plate...again. Once again, properly degreased, vibratited and torqued.

The plate itself is too soft and once you go over 12 inch lbs, you can see the plate torquing upwards, ie bending. At 12 inch lbs, the optic will not stay on the gun. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
    Some have reported similar problems with Vibratite. Due to the stories posted here and elsewhere, I've elected not to use that product, myself. I use new medium strength blue threadlocker (e.g. Loctite Blue 243). Some folks also like the "stick" form for convenience (Loctite Blue 248, a semi-solid.)

My negative experience with CHPWS was trying to use one of their polymer plates. Due to inexperience on my part, I slightly overtorqued the plate to slide screws on install. Before I realized it, I had destroyed the material that makes up the very thin 45 degree mounting chamfer, rendering the plate useless. Cost me $70 to learn this lesson. I ended up throwing it away.

From that point, I bought steel Forward Controls OPF-G, RMR plates. I have two of them; one on a G34 MOS and one most recently on my G19 MOS I bought in July. The plate is extremely well engineered, made of nitrided steel, and the fit is tight and secure, even without the screws. I've got less than 1,000 rounds through, but so far knock on wood, have seen no movement of the witness marks on either two HS 507c's.

I don't know if the FC plate is an option for you, but might be an alternative.

User Tag List