Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Didn’t know that. Thank you!

Basically, am I being a fool staying away from Holosun because it’s a Chinese owned and operated company?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post

Basically, am I being a fool staying away from Holosun because it’s a Chinese owned and operated company?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post

I would say you are a fool if you are assuming that the products are subpar only because Holosun is Chinese owned and operated. I do not think it makes you a fool if you recognize what they have to offer but still prefer not to support Chinese companies on principle and can afford the price difference.

They make quality products at competitive prices. I’ve owned most of their pistol optic line and there are pros and cons compared to other options. I definitely wouldn’t say that they are the best optic in each category, but in some cases they may be the best option depending on what your specific needs and priorities are.

Most of my cringe is the not wanting to support China. But it is in a price point that’s easier for me than say Trijicon. My wants/needs are wanting a carry/HD optic. It’ll be my first.

Circle dot vs 8MOA circle

Now that the 407CO is available, what's the preference for a carry and/or USPSA? Is the circle dot 507C superior to the 8MOA circle in the 407CO?

Holosun pistol optics are no longer just price point optics — they have excellent features.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Zeroed a 508T on this "Roland Special" today and fired this 10 shot group. Need to tweak the zero a small amount. I think I prefer the 508T to my RMR's. Name:  20210619_205144.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  50.8 KB

Regardless of cost difference, I prefer the 508T to a type 2 RMR. Side loading battery, reticle choices, larger display.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@GJM Do prefer a 509 to the 508?

I suppose my hesitation is supporting a Chinese company, not thinking they’re an inferior optic. I may give in.
    Last edited by newyork; 06-19-2021 at 08:23 PM.

I put a type 2 RMR on my apocalypse USPc because, with the sealing plate, it's waterproof to any reasonable depth-not that I plan on diving with it, but I could if I wanted to, I guess. Has anyone experienced or heard of a water induced failure of a 50* optic? I believe they're rated to 2 meters for limited periods or something along those lines.

User Tag List