Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Has anyone had any luck finding the factory Holosun 509T MOS plates? I see them on the Holosun site, but none of their dealers seem to have them.
    Is there not one in the box with the 509T?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Is there not one in the box with the 509T?
    I don't have it yet, but my understanding is that it only comes with the RMR adapter plate. If the direct MOS plate is now included, that's great news.

Site Supporter
    I don't have it yet, but my understanding is that it only comes with the RMR adapter plate. If the direct MOS plate is now included, that's great news.
    Probably not then. I sent mine out to be milled, so I didn't really pay attention to the plate.

Has anyone had any luck finding the factory Holosun 509T MOS plates? I see them on the Holosun site, but none of their dealers seem to have them.
    Get a 509T plate from CHPWS which will mount it lower than piggybacking two plates.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Get a 509T plate from CHPWS which will mount it lower than piggybacking two plates.
    They seem to be backordered everywhere, and I'm not looking to piggyback. Holosun now has a direct mount MOS adapter: https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/193.html

I also think the Holosun adapter is steel, which I'd prefer to the aluminum CHPWS given how thin the adapter is.

Well, after five days of resuming daily carry of my G48+507k, I was startled to discover this today. I do not typically do "practice" carefully when the gun is loaded 10+1, but this morning for whatever reason I did a very slow, easy draw to make sure the sight was on (it was; it always is), the tension was correct, etc. etc.

As I got a quick sight picture with my finger firmly along the slide...I noticed my lens had cracked. Yup, cracked with these odd slightly circular lines...

Well...or so I thought

Turns out some hair had invaded the open emitter shroud area and gotten lodged under the cover, looking for all the world like a cracked lens. Phew!

Ok, so with that, and in regards to the situation of carrying an open emitter HS (507c or 507k), loaded, do you have a daily cleaning or dusting regimen to suggest as regards to keeping the lens free of dirt and debris?

They seem to be backordered everywhere, and I'm not looking to piggyback. Holosun now has a direct mount MOS adapter: https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/193.html

I also think the Holosun adapter is steel, which I'd prefer to the aluminum CHPWS given how thin the adapter is.
    Neat, I wasn't aware that part existed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well, after five days of resuming daily carry of my G48+507k, I was startled to discover this today. I do not typically do "practice" carefully when the gun is loaded 10+1, but this morning for whatever reason I did a very slow, easy draw to make sure the sight was on (it was; it always is), the tension was correct, etc. etc.

As I got a quick sight picture with my finger firmly along the slide...I noticed my lens had cracked. Yup, cracked with these odd slightly circular lines...

Well...or so I thought

Turns out some hair had invaded the open emitter shroud area and gotten lodged under the cover, looking for all the world like a cracked lens. Phew!

Ok, so with that, and in regards to the situation of carrying an open emitter HS (507c or 507k), loaded, do you have a daily cleaning or dusting regimen to suggest as regards to keeping the lens free of dirt and debris?
    I hit mine with canned air every few days.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Well...or so I thought

Actually, the answer is to take a red dot class with a reputable instructor that runs occluded/damaged optics drills, so that if you have a bad battery, crack a lens, have snow, rain or mud occlude the window, etc. you immediately transition to another technique like using the back-up irons or using the back of the slide superimposed over the target's shoulder area and press the shot. The class should also cover how to shoot with a cracked lens. Exposed emitters can have issues, but those issues can be mitigated by proper training. As to cleaning, I would just get a can of that computer keyboard cleaning stuff and blow it out every week or so. If it really bothers you, get a closed-emitter optic, but there are still issues with them, too, just less in number.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I hit mine with canned air every few days.
    Thanks, I was pondering canned air. I would not want to shoot it very long; I've used products like that for e.g. cleaning electronics and it can get chilly.

How about something like this?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  13.1 KB

https://www.amazon.com/Celestron-Len...s%2C192&sr=8-3

User Tag List