Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the 507K on my 365XL has an issue, as it is going through a battery every three weeks or so. Anyone else getting short battery life from their K?
    Mine is going strong. Still on its first battery and have been carrying it daily since December when I got it.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Site Supporter
    I just changed the battery in my XL's 407K Sunday,
    it was the original Duracell from 8/5/20, carried 10-14 hr's
    a day into November, when I switched to my P10, then shot /
    carried occasionally.
    Over the last several week's its worked back into edc,
    it wasn't blinking but, better safe than sorry

Site Supporter
    I've spent the past few days reading this thread - thank you all for the wealth of experience here! I'm finally ready to jump into an RDS.

But I'm stuck in analysis paralysis - available to me for good prices at the local base PX gun counter are a HS507CX2 ($288), a HE507CGRX2 ($309), and an HE509TRD ($399) which are massively competitive from a quick google-fu.

The HS507 and HE507's look damn near identical but the HE507 is purveyed as the 'Gen II' of basically the same design. The HE509T wasn't on my radar as an option until GJM's impressions and pics in this thread changed my mind somewhat. All are the circle/dot design of course.

Intended weapon is a blue label Gen 5 G19 MOS, for an AIWB carry gun (gadget equipped of course) and assuming I can warm up to the RDS life, I'd like to make a duplicate gun with the same optic.
    So it'd be nice if the cheaper option like the HS507 works well here. There's only one HE509TRD as of yesterday afternoon, so getting that one would likely be a 'one and done' solution for quite awhile for both cost and availability reasons.

Any input or feedback on those three models, and recommended mounting solutions for a G5 G19 MOS would be massively appreciated.

It has been a while since I posted, but thought I might be of help. I routinely carry a GEN519MOS with an Aimpoint ACRO mounted, and I have an issued G45 with a 509T on it.
    I lean heavily towards the fully enclosed emitters like the 509T/ACRO because they have worked for me. So, with your availability there, I would procure the 509T, secure it with a C&H Precision plate and schedule plenty of dry fire, confirming with live fire. The 509T I have(sample of 1)has worked very well. Holosun has a good reputation for service, should that be necessary.
    I do like my ACRO also, but it requires attention to battery life. FWIW, there seems to be an imminent announcement from Aimpoint-next week-so we’ll see...
    Inexpensive back up sights are a must if you will carry the setup. Ameriglo can meet that necessity, size 2XL I believe.

@JRB

Those prices aren't bad but if you go the 509T route (or the others when you catch them in stock), code "cowan10" at Kenzie's Optics gets you a 509T for like $380. No affiliation, I just like saving money.

You'll see my comments in lots of RDS threads, but I'm new to RDS as well and this is the first time that I feel like quality offerings and innovation are forming faster than I can make a buying decision so I know what you're saying. If you like the idea of the enclosed emitter 509T and think if you like RDS that you'll want enclosed emitters going forward, spend the extra money. Otherwise I think a 507C (or a 508T) is a fine option to get your RDS feet wet. Enclosed emitters are the newer-ish popular option but lots of good work has been done with open emitters as well. I think I'd just go with your gut (so long as they are all generally good options, which yours are). Enjoy.

I like the 508T and 509T for EDC.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I like the 508T and 509T for EDC.
    I know you like circle dot reticle for carry partly for this reason, but how do rate the 509T for weird light artifacts/reflections at odd sun angles. You’ve probably posted this already and I just don’t remember.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I know you like circle dot reticle for carry partly for this reason, but how do rate the 509T for weird light artifacts/reflections at odd sun angles. You’ve probably posted this already and I just don’t remember.
    With the exception of the Shield RMS/c and Romeo 3 Max/XL, I have found all the single red dot optics, including the RMR, SRO, DP Pro, Acro and Holosun optics to have issues in low sun angles, where a single red dot splatters. However, the circle works perfectly well in those conditions, because the circle is easily identified. This is a 508T.

Name:  2DDCF9CC-2CF0-4E8F-A5A6-315721A76796.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  45.8 KB

With the exception of the Shield RMS/c and Romeo 3 Max/XL, I have found all the single red dot optics, including the RMR, SRO, DP Pro, Acro and Holosun optics to have issues in low sun angles, where a single red dot splatters. However, the circle works perfectly well in those conditions, because the circle is easily identified. This is a 508T.

Name:  2DDCF9CC-2CF0-4E8F-A5A6-315721A76796.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  45.8 KB
    I just confirmed that the other evening with my 507k on 365XL. I am getting ready for an IDPA "carry gun" match this weekend where I will use this combo. Training in the evening with the sun at my back was definitely washing the dot out. It seems worse with this 507k than it does with RMR or the new 507c with Vulcan under the same conditions. Maybe the window size has something to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I just confirmed that the other evening with my 507k on 365XL. I am getting ready for an IDPA "carry gun" match this weekend where I will use this combo. Training in the evening with the sun at my back was definitely washing the dot out. It seems worse with this 507k than it does with RMR or the new 507c with Vulcan under the same conditions. Maybe the window size has something to do with it?
    Did you try the circle reticle in those light conditions?

User Tag List