Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

I got a few of these in the mail today to keep my 509Ts protected while in storage or cleaning. I have some for my RMRs too and have found them pretty useful in keeping stuff off of lenses while cleaning when attached to handguns.

https://hugoindustries.com/products/...df626c33&_ss=r

As expected, they fit fine on my 509T that is mounted with a dedicated ADM mount, and the one I'm using as an offset dot with a Badger C1 scope mount. I don't have my slide back from Jagerwerks yet so not sure if it will fit there, but I think its likely.

Site Supporter
    Just sent a G45 slide and a 509T to Jagerwerks. Should be back about the same time as the frame from Boresight.

I reached out to Holosun regarding an optic that could compete with the SRO with the larger dot, I’d suggest any gamers out there who would like an similar offering from HS to do the same. A larger window with their CO dot would be nice as a primary or a backup...
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    I've decided to take the plunge now that Langdon is milling full-size PX4 slides for red dots with backup sights. I'm absolutely clueless about RDOs. The mounting plate will accept the following Holosuns: Holosun HS407C, Holosun HS507C, and Holosun HS508T. Usage will be as a carry gun rather than a competition gun. Recommendations? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've decided to take the plunge now that Langdon is milling full-size PX4 slides for red dots with backup sights. I'm absolutely clueless about RDOs. The mounting plate will accept the following Holosuns: Holosun HS407C, Holosun HS507C, and Holosun HS508T. Usage will be as a carry gun rather than a competition gun. Recommendations? Thanks!
    508T would be my choice because it is stronger and feels more pro grade than the 507C.

Here is a 508T on a Glock.

Name:  6E872326-88C7-4698-BD3D-EFC6C8E0C6A7.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  61.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I got a few of these in the mail today to keep my 509Ts protected while in storage or cleaning. I have some for my RMRs too and have found them pretty useful in keeping stuff off of lenses while cleaning when attached to handguns.

https://hugoindustries.com/products/...df626c33&_ss=r

As expected, they fit fine on my 509T that is mounted with a dedicated ADM mount, and the one I'm using as an offset dot with a Badger C1 scope mount. I don't have my slide back from Jagerwerks yet so not sure if it will fit there, but I think its likely.
    Slight swerve but a pic here (PM if preferred) of that 509T on your C1 would be good, running a T1 on a C1 & Razer II-E.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Slight swerve but a pic here (PM if preferred) of that 509T on your C1 would be good, running a T1 on a C1 & Razer II-E.
    Sure. I really like it in this role. I was using an RMR before but wanted a closed emitter, and this is smaller and lighter than an Aimpoint Micro.

Name:  IMG_3249.jpg
Views: 1573
Size:  97.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3250.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  59.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Sage dynamics 10,000 rd update on the 509t. He still recommends it and it survived the drops every 500rds with some slight cracking/delamination on the rear lens, but still maintained zero.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    407C took a dump yesterday...
    I took my 2.0 4" compact out for run, the first half
    of the first mag went well, then noticed POI was high,
    like 5" at 7yd's, tried a 10" plate @ 30yds, just dust clouds.
    I was shooting 124gr American Eagle, it was zeroed
    with 147 HST so for the hell of it I came in and grabbed
    some 150gr syntech, no real surprise, still high.
    I counted 12 clicks down for starters with no change in POI,
    I ended up 32 clicks down to the end of adjustment, still high.
    It's a V2 PM direct milled to a late model 4" compact, 500 +/- rds.
    I was happy, thought I'd pretty much made it through GJM's
    initial test round's but...time to see how Holosun's warranty works.
    I'm curious if it would be an option to pay the difference and upgrade
    to a 508T ?
    I've got a 507C V1 and 407K with 1000+ rds ea so far, I guess 2
    out of 3 ain't bad.

Aaron Cowan just did a 2021 update on his MRDS For Duty Use paper. Good read and the Holosuns seem to keep ticking overall. Recent addition is optic failures reported by LEOs broken down by RDS and failure type.

https://1312bba5-e7e7-76e8-1fca-a01b...bb23e912fa.pdf

User Tag List