Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

I have 2 510Cs and a 407 V2 that I don't have a pile of rounds thru. But they all zeroed nicely and seem nicely put together. Time will tell on durability.

The new thin holosun seems like a really good option for guns like the 43x and 48

I have a 507c V1 on a 229. It started shutting off after a couple of rounds when I had a few hundred total rounds through it, but I put in a fresh battery and several hundred rounds later the issue has not recurred. I haven't dropped it or done one handed manipulations with it so I can't address its ruggedness.

I have a 507c v1 riding a Brownells slide closing on 1k rounds. O issues aside from a crappy battery from the factory. The circle dot reticle is ever slightly canted, but not enough to bother me.

Also own one of their rifle RDS 503 something or another. No issues there either, but it’s on a low use carbine for my son.

I’m eagerly waiting fir the 407k series to become available. My G48 needs an optic.

I have 5 of the 407CO models with the 8 MOA ring.

My one serious use pistol has a Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA dot and I had previously a used Vortex Venom 6 MOA dots as my budget option on a few pistols and a Ruger PCC but after buying one of the 407CO models to test out I found it so intuitive to use those were all pulled, sold, and replaced with these 407co.

I don't have a bunch of rounds on the guns themselves as I did this swap around Dec/Jan and then by March my range shut down so I haven't been able to shoot in months. They hold a zero and seem to work pretty well at least as well as the Vortex Venoms that they replaced.

I leave most of them "on" in the shake awake mode so I'm curious how long those batteries are going to last but that is a really nice feature. It's super handy to know that my CZ Scorpion and Glock 45 I have setup for USPSA are always ready. Even though I said I still use the RMR for any serious use this feature makes the RMR feel behind the times.

I have a 508 v1 on an MOS with ch precision plate. Only 855 rounds fired. No issues. If not for covid I'd probably have a few thousand rounds on it. I can't decide between auto mode with ring and dot mode or 2 moa on setting 9 all the time. I wish you could manually set the brightness AND use solar at the same time. It gets really bright under the sun when on Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    The new thin holosun seems like a really good option for guns like the 43x and 48
    I’m holding out for one for the 365XL. I received an in stock notice from Osage for a Romeo0 and didn’t even click on it after deciding the Holosun would be a better bet.

Can someone share the model number of the referenced "thin" Holosun optic? I am suffering "number confusion" with the Holosun products!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Can someone share the model number of the referenced "thin" Holosun optic? I am suffering "number confusion" with the Holosun products!
    Based on what I gather from the chart I linked above, they're talking about the 407k and 507k (latter being the newer version)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Based on what I gather from the chart I linked above, they're talking about the 407k and 507k (latter being the newer version)
    Thanks very much for that information. I appreciate it!

User Tag List