Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

We have 7 509t's for testing at our agency. Two are being sent back this week. The first simply didn't fit on the C&H plate. We tried it on all of the plates we have from C&H and it wouldn't fit on any of them, however the other 509's fit fine. So something is out of spec., at least in our minds. The second one was discovered today by me. It was put on my gun, I got it zero'd and then it started shutting down. I would holster and when I drew the gun the unit would be off. I checked the holster to ensure it wasn't hitting anything. I changed batteries from a working model and no go, the whole thing would not turn on again.

One of the guys spoke with Holosun and they issued and RMA to get inspected.

I put a different 509 on my gun and zero'd quickly, did a qualification course and a few hundred rounds with no problems. We haven't had any other issues thus far, but it is a very limited experience in terms of rounds down range and two having issues out of 7 is interesting. Also we are testing RMR, DPP and ACRO.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    We have 7 509t's for testing at our agency. Two are being sent back this week. The first simply didn't fit on the C&H plate. We tried it on all of the plates we have from C&H and it wouldn't fit on any of them, however the other 509's fit fine. So something is out of spec., at least in our minds. The second one was discovered today by me. It was put on my gun, I got it zero'd and then it started shutting down. I would holster and when I drew the gun the unit would be off. I checked the holster to ensure it wasn't hitting anything. I changed batteries from a working model and no go, the whole thing would not turn on again.

One of the guys spoke with Holosun and they issued and RMA to get inspected.

I put a different 509 on my gun and zero'd quickly, did a qualification course and a few hundred rounds with no problems. We haven't had any other issues thus far, but it is a very limited experience in terms of rounds down range and two having issues out of 7 is interesting. Also we are testing RMR, DPP and ACRO.
    As I have said previously, my experience with Holosun is they have a high out of the box mortality rate, but if they last a week they are good for a long time.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Apologies if this was covered up thread, I missed it if so: Has anyone successfully used a Forward Controls OPFG-RMR adapter plate for a Glock 34 MOS to mount a Holosun 507c v2?

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...RMR_p_224.html

Their web site states the below, as far as Holosun compatibility:

"HOLOSUN COMPATIBILITY:

Trjicon RMR and SRO share the same mounting footprint, OPF-G, RMR is also compatible with SRO. However, due to the precise fit of the front and rear recoil lugs/fences that are designed to closely sandwich the sight, OPF-G, RMR is not guaranteed to work with all Holosun sights."

Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Apologies if this was covered up thread, I missed it if so: Has anyone successfully used a Forward Controls OPFG-RMR adapter plate for a Glock 34 MOS to mount a Holosun 507c v2?

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...RMR_p_224.html

Their web site states the below, as far as Holosun compatibility:

"HOLOSUN COMPATIBILITY:

Trjicon RMR and SRO share the same mounting footprint, OPF-G, RMR is also compatible with SRO. However, due to the precise fit of the front and rear recoil lugs/fences that are designed to closely sandwich the sight, OPF-G, RMR is not guaranteed to work with all Holosun sights."

Thoughts?
    Should fit fine. They share a footprint. I understand a company not wanting to guarantee the fit of 6 optics from two brands. FWIW I have two RMR's and two Holosun's mounted using C&H plates and they all fit the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Should fit fine. They share a footprint. I understand a company not wanting to guarantee the fit of 6 optics from two brands. FWIW I have two RMR's and two Holosun's mounted using C&H plates and they all fit the same.
    Great, thanks a bunch. I have an OPF-G, RMR on order from Big Tex Outdoors to give it a try.

Great, thanks a bunch. I have an OPF-G, RMR on order from Big Tex Outdoors to give it a try.
    My OPF-G, RMR plate arrived from Forward Controls, via Big Tex Outdoors, today. Can confirm, it does mate up very well with my Glock 34 MOS and the Holosun 507c v2 I purchased earlier this month.

Name:  IMG_8273.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  62.1 KB

I used the supplied M3-0.5mmx6mm T10 screws to attach the plate to the slide, and the Holosun supplied screws to attach the optic to the plate. The screws to attach the optic to the plate by Forward Controls are listed as 6-342x3/8" T10. The T10 Holosun optic to plate screws are the exact same pitch, but slightly shorter. My belief is the screws supplied by Forward Controls are for a Trijicon Optic. I used my Wheeler FAT wrench to tighten to the value in the enclosed instrructions of 13.3 in lb. I used one drop each out of a new bottle of medium blue threadlocker.

Even though FC does not advertise that the OPF-G, RMR fits the Holosun (in fact they specifically say they do not support Holosun) I am very glad it is compatible with the Glock MOS -02 plate.

The FC plate is listed as billet machined 1018 steel, black nitride coated, full width front and rear recoil lugs/fences, and full width support for RMR (no sealing plate required.) The plate came with a pre-printed set of step by step instructions and a T10 key. Each screw pair was inside a teeny bag with a pre-printed label specifying the location where to use, and the fasterner size. The fit is superb; I had to lightly push the plate down onto the slide. Same for the optic to the plate. It is absolutely a perfect fit.

I'm very pleased with this product.

Saw this set of 12 Duracell 2032 batteries at my local Costco for $8.99. Definitely a better price that I recently paid.

Name:  798C75BD-FDA8-4F37-93CA-95104EB6C107.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  58.2 KB

Is anyone making a steel MOS plate for the 509T?

Saw this set of 12 Duracell 2032 batteries at my local Costco for $8.99. Definitely a better price that I recently paid.
    Well, shoot. I misremembered, the Holosun 507c v2 I have takes 1632 batteries...I was just excited about the price.

Well, shoot. I misremembered, the Holosun 507c v2 I have takes 1632 batteries...I was just excited about the price.
    Save them for the new Acro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List