Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Has anyone tried this out yet?
    I’m way less experienced with red dot pistols than a lot of people on here and haven’t used that sight (disclaimer)

That looks like it would work best for people who shoot incredibly slowly and have constant problems presenting the pistol. It appears to be a hardware solution to a problem that can be solved much more effectively with dryfire practice. Then you won’t have to differentiate which red light means shoot and which means you screwed up your presentation again.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I’m way less experienced with red dot pistols than a lot of people on here and haven’t used that sight (disclaimer)

That looks like it would work best for people who shoot incredibly slowly and have constant problems presenting the pistol. It appears to be a hardware solution to a problem that can be solved much more effectively with dryfire practice. Then you won’t have to differentiate which red light means shoot and which means you screwed up your presentation again.
    I'm more interested in the chevron reticle than the giant circle. I do think the giant circle has some merit though and not just entirely for new red dot shooters.

I'm more interested in the chevron reticle than the giant circle. I do think the giant circle has some merit though and not just entirely for new red dot shooters.
    I tried a DPP with a triangle reticle and hated it because it slowed me down... Trying to fine tune the tip of the reticle instead of just shooting when the dot was in position.
    It works for rifles, not so much for up close pistol stuff... But that's just my experience which doesn't mean a whole lot.
    The outer circle has genuine merit but would be better served IMHO with a dot reticle in the center.
    I also imagine that chevron will look especially wonky to anyone with an astigmatism.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I tried a DPP with a triangle reticle and hated it because it slowed me down... Trying to fine tune the tip of the reticle instead of just shooting when the dot was in position.
    It works for rifles, not so much for up close pistol stuff... But that's just my experience which doesn't mean a whole lot.
    The outer circle has genuine merit but would be better served IMHO with a dot reticle in the center.
    I also imagine that chevron will look especially wonky to anyone with an astigmatism.
    Honestly I've been thinking about it more for a rifle or PCC as the smaller a dot gets the more it looks like a giant starburst to me so I was kind of hoping the chevron looked actually like a chevron. I'd prefer if they put in one of their enclosed red dot optics.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    I like the outer ring concept but why not incorporate that with the normal dot, circle, and circle-dot options?
    I'd like to see other reticles INCLUDED too.

Honestly I've been thinking about it more for a rifle or PCC as the smaller a dot gets the more it looks like a giant starburst to me so I was kind of hoping the chevron looked actually like a chevron. I'd prefer if they put in one of their enclosed red dot optics.
    Try the 407CO. It is the first reticle I can see almost perfectly despite astigmatism. I tried many others, including the Deltapoint triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Try the 407CO. It is the first reticle I can see almost perfectly despite astigmatism. I tried many others, including the Deltapoint triangle.
    Oh I have like 4 of those already; have them on my pistols and PCCs. I love them so much.

I was hoping the chevron would be something I could put on a 556 rifle so I could actually reach out past 200 yards if I needed to. What I really want is for someone to put an ACOG sized chevron on a red dot.

The closest thing to what I mean is the Swampfox Blade but that's a prism scope instead of a red dot which is heavier and even at 1x still doesn't have the unlimited eye relief of a red dot.

I might be wrong though; I might try it and hate it. I tried a triangle RMR once but it was slower than just a dot.

Steiner came up with a cool idea too that I kind of liked:
    https://www.steiner-optics.com/battle-sights/drs-1x
    They have a 2 MOA dot and then under it a massive dot that is 1" at 7 yards which is like 15 MOA or something like that... basically the giant dot is for CQB and accounts for height over bore and the 2 MOA dot is for long distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

Was thinking more for awkward/odd shooting positions, oh crap where is my dot kind of situations (error check/adjust) ...

Got mine in today. Love the concept, especially as someone who is just dipping my toes into the pistol dot pool. Instant feedback when my presentation is off.

Unfortunately, what was mentioned above is correct (for me). The chevron doesn’t play nice with my astigmatism. Not quite a comma or starburst like I get on dots, but I see multiple images of the chevron.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotundra View Post
    Got mine in today. Love the concept, especially as someone who is just dipping my toes into the pistol dot pool. Instant feedback when my presentation is off.

Unfortunately, what was mentioned above is correct (for me). The chevron doesn’t play nice with my astigmatism. Not quite a comma or starburst like I get on dots, but I see multiple images of the chevron.
    How does that reticle perform in dark enviornments? Does the gigantic outer ring bloom enough to be annoying when the brightness is turned near maximum manual setting? Or is it not really noticeable when the chevron is on target?

User Tag List