Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

I found my first flaw in my 507c v2 today.
    Shooting under a shoot house roof to outside target in the sun my dot disappeared. I switched to manual and the dot brightened just fine.
    Later I went back to auto while in the sun and the dot worked just fine.
    I went back under the shaded roof on auto and the dot disappeared.
    I came to the conclusion that it was reading the light under the roof and dimmed the dot when it needed to be bright for an in the sun target.
    My first thought on that is this happening to a LEO when encountering the same lighting scenario, could lead to a confusing moment when you need the dot and it's neither broken nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawadc95 View Post
    I found my first flaw in my 507c v2 today.
    Shooting under a shoot house roof to outside target in the sun my dot disappeared. I switched to manual and the dot brightened just fine.
    Later I went back to auto while in the sun and the dot worked just fine.
    I went back under the shaded roof on auto and the dot disappeared.
    I came to the conclusion that it was reading the light under the roof and dimmed the dot when it needed to be bright for an in the sun target.
    My first thought on that is this happening to a LEO when encountering the same lighting scenario, could lead to a confusing moment when you need the dot and it's neither broken nor there.
    Which is why I don’t run mine on auto on duty. The other issue is when you’re running a bright WML. On auto the WML will wash out the dot because the sight is reading ambient light and not the WML.

Gratuitous Holosun pic:

Name:  CA66F7FC-6E26-40AC-A855-DB8DF36D9DDE.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  74.4 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Has this been talked about yet? Is this reticle something that makes sense, or is it gimmicky?

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Has this been talked about yet? Is this reticle something that makes sense, or is it gimmicky?

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle

I like the outer ring concept but why not incorporate that with the normal dot, circle, and circle-dot options?

I like the circle/dot combo with the Holosun for that reason. If I get off I always see half the circle.

I'm one week into having a dot and with dry fire practice I've seen a big improvement in my visual discipline on target and the dot going where it's supposed to easily.

I think I have a bit of a head start as I've always shot target focused not front sight focus so the dot is not really a big change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Which is why I don’t run mine on auto on duty. The other issue is when you’re running a bright WML. On auto the WML will wash out the dot because the sight is reading ambient light and not the WML.

Gratuitous Holosun pic:

I don’t trust the Holosun auto settings for EDC. They seem to work OK in bright sun, but less well in varying light, especially inside. Same for the SRO. As a result, I run the SRO and Holosun optics in manual for carry. The RMR type 2 6.5 dot seems to work well in auto.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    I like the outer ring concept but why not incorporate that with the normal dot, circle, and circle-dot options?
    I wonder if the extremely large outer ring could negatively effect battery life or bloom under low light in manual adjustment mode.

For close ranges, I quite like the large circle/chevron "ACSS CQB" reticle in the Holosun micro dot sight I have on a training carbine. However, I've no experience with pistol mounted optics yet. It seems like the ACSS Vulcan reticle could help address the problems of lost dots and false dots, but I'm not sure if it would cause new problems while solving others.

Images for clarification.
    Name:  HS507C-X2-ACSS_04.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  32.1 KB
    Name:  HS507C-X2-ACSS_06.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  15.9 KB

Gratuitous Holosun pic:

What barrel and comp on the G26? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    What barrel and comp on the G26? Thanks.
    Silencerco barrel and Parker Mountain Machine Comp. the comp is profiled to fit perfect with a slide that is a G5 or G26 profile. Since I was using an AIM surplus slide I had to do a little filing to make it work. I’ll touch it up some more and blacken the filed areas when I decide whether I like the comp’d 26.

Name:  F23FFF08-D39A-46BF-A807-217BD9E24A2C.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  52.2 KB
    Name:  7205F5E3-5D3E-4F09-AC77-0E355BD59990.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  46.3 KB
    Name:  A4F402A7-C6BE-4095-ABE7-12B3025D601A.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  54.2 KB

Here’s a pic of it pre-mods on a 26 slide.

Name:  47933732-16C5-4864-AD45-E7591A7D5D73.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  73.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Bought a birthday present for myself. Dropped it on a Lone Wolf slide with the Holosun RMR/509 adapter. The RMR cut in the LW slide sucks and isn’t very deep. I just wanted to play around a it. It’s gonna go on a G26 slide in the near future. Fits just fine in a 6390RDS.
    I do not like how high the 509 sits. I wonder how much lower a C&H plate will be able to get it.
    Name:  97C3DA44-A2D2-4B0B-ADD1-9EE3A3EC2EC2.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  31.4 KB

User Tag List