Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Site Supporter
    Just snagged a 507c V2 for a spare G19.

I just ordered a 509T and MOS plate from CHPWS — supposed to ship Monday.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just ordered a 509T and MOS plate from CHPWS — supposed to ship Monday.
    For the M&P CORE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    For the M&P CORE?

The plate is for a Glock, all I saw available for now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The plate is for a Glock, all I saw available for now.
    I got excited there for a minute thinking that the CORE model was available.

AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    New 507c V2 for a new training gun.Name:  20200919_151610.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  99.1 KB

I ran a 509T (LE T&E) at a Steve Fisher Class a week ago. I got the unit on a Monday, mounted it and roughly sighted it in on Tuesday and shot it that Friday. I liked it a lot. It has a slight magnification to my eye but after shooting it all day that disappeared. Steve helped me finalize a zero and was able to do a 97 on his 25yard aggregate test. I like the window size as well as the size of the actual unit. We shot probably around 500-600 rounds or less so not a high count but I really like it over the other units we have tested. Those include the DPP, RMR and ACRO. Next favorite for actual use would be the ACRO. The RMR I didn't like at all and the DPP has an odd dot to my eyes. The 509T had a clear clean dot for me, though I'm not a fan yet of the eotech style reticle. That one is too busy for my simple brain at this point. I ran the dot all the time and shot well with it. I'll be interested to get everyone's take when they start getting out into the wild. Our agency is testing units for possible approval and the 509 is the favorite among instructors who have shot them all.

How does the 509T mount? Initial stuff talked about it coming with an MOS plate but the press stuff says "RMR adapter."

Hoping these will be in the wild soon. I saw that C&H will get their first shipment on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    I ran a 509T (LE T&E) at a Steve Fisher Class a week ago. I got the unit on a Monday, mounted it and roughly sighted it in on Tuesday and shot it that Friday. I liked it a lot. It has a slight magnification to my eye but after shooting it all day that disappeared. Steve helped me finalize a zero and was able to do a 97 on his 25yard aggregate test. I like the window size as well as the size of the actual unit. We shot probably around 500-600 rounds or less so not a high count but I really like it over the other units we have tested. Those include the DPP, RMR and ACRO. Next favorite for actual use would be the ACRO. The RMR I didn't like at all and the DPP has an odd dot to my eyes. The 509T had a clear clean dot for me, though I'm not a fan yet of the eotech style reticle. That one is too busy for my simple brain at this point. I ran the dot all the time and shot well with it. I'll be interested to get everyone's take when they start getting out into the wild. Our agency is testing units for possible approval and the 509 is the favorite among instructors who have shot them all.
    How'd you like the class? I did one last year and found it very thought provoking. I shot a 94 with the Novaks on my GRP Recon .45.

I enjoyed it. It was my first rds handgun course and as I stated before I have had limited exposure and was honestly unsure if this was a good idea for officers. Steve is a good instructor but I wasn't sure what to expect based on some instagram live feeds where he kind of trashes rds specific classes. I think he undersells the class and he did a nice job of pointing out issues that LE needs to be aware of, this was nice as I was the only LEO in the class. He had several ways to get guys up to speed a little quicker, transition concerns and other nuggets. I took notes as the day went along and probably have 6-7 pages worth. This was a good primer for me as the head firearms instructor. I came away convinced we can do this but also convinced we need to walk into it cautiously and that our instructors need a specific course for them. I will give props to Steve, as he comes off angry at times online. I thought he was very approachable in class, held everyones attention and due to only having 6 people everyone got specific one on one instruction. He helped every shooter in someway and everyone but me had been to a rds specific course previously. I would definitely recommend him. I've been to a whose who of tactical/firearms instructors and he held his own in terms of teaching within his knowledge base, logical progression of the class, ability to diagnose shooter issues and help correct them. He also did something I haven't seen before but liked a lot. After every section of the class we did an AAR/what did you learn. Every shooter was asked and given the opportunity. Questions were raised and he would address them logically, provide a demo example and then ensure your question was answered to your satisfaction. In a large class this might be time consuming but in ours it was appreciated by each student. He was also aware that many of the shooters had limited ammo, so it wasn't an ammo count class where you just shoot to shoot. He was deliberate in his round count and managed shooter fatigue as well. There was a ton of 25yard shooting which as you know can be taxing. it was a good 8 hours and well worth the money.

User Tag List