Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Holosun's warranty process is painless and smooth. I had a coworker leave his new 19 MOS and new 507C V2 (fortunately unloaded) on the roof of his car and drive off, causing is to fall onto concrete at residential street speed. Same result: delamination in the corner, held zero, still worked. Holosun sent him a replacement and he returned his. This was July-ish.

Name:  Screenshot_20200910-074407_Instagram.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  39.4 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

My hope is that they take this lawsuit as an opportunity to put all of their optics on the 509 (ACRO ripoff) mounting pattern. That would allow both tubular and reflex options on the same pattern, with an inherently superior mounting system, and they can use whatever buttons they want. My suspicion is they were planning to do this eventually anyway as evidenced by using the side loading battery compartment on all models.

That's not happening.

The change is to the buttons and not to the footprint.

Site Supporter
    I have 2 HS407A3 I bought them from PSA early this year. They are no-frills shake awake 3 MOA dots with the battery on the bottom. They were fairly inexpensive I got them as a way to get into using dots.

One is on my EDC g19.3 with Lone Wolff slide, round count ~500. Put in a new battery when I mounted it and no problems so far.

The second one has been on a g34.5 MOS that my match gun. Round count ~2500, I’ve had problems with the MOS mount but the dot has been fine.

I just purchased 2 507C one for the 34 and the second for g45 the I had milled. I plan on the g45 to be my EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a preferred vendor to place a backorder/preorder for a 509T? Kenzie’s is showing $429.99, which seems better than most.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Anyone have a preferred vendor to place a backorder/preorder for a 509T? Kenzie’s is showing $429.99, which seems better than most.
    I like these guys, but the price is the same. Holosun probably has a MAP policy of some sort.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Holosun-HE...ht-w-Sola.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Holosun's warranty process is painless and smooth. I had a coworker leave his new 19 MOS and new 507C V2 (fortunately unloaded) on the roof of his car and drive off, causing is to fall onto concrete at residential street speed. Same result: delamination in the corner, held zero, still worked. Holosun sent him a replacement and he returned his. This was July-ish.
    Right now I will say it's smooth but not painless. They sent me a pre-paid shipping label in one email to send mine back, and a tracking number in another email for my replacement. I sent my optic in the next day with that label and tracking showed they received it 5 days later. I let a week pass with no status on the tracking number that they had shipped me anything and emailed them for an update. They told me that the optic received from me was, quoted from the email, "on day one of the 10-12 business day inspection process. When the inspection is completed they will send a replacement if it was found defective, or return yours if it was not defective." Uh-oh. I would hope that it doesn't take 10 days to spot the damn crack in the glass. I'm guessing from that statement that I'm in for about a 2-3 week wait. I'm guessing I have Covid to thank for this.
    My takeaway is if you are running a Holosun optic that is functional but needs warranty work, order another one and don't send the broken one in until you have a replacement. That puts you in RMR money, but it's not like no one has ever had to warranty an RMR so the same logic applies there.

I'm about ready to give up on getting one of these for a G48.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm about ready to give up on getting one of these for a G48.
    I’m trying to decide which way to go myself (it’ll probably be a 43 sized gun, but possibly a 48) - a RMRcc (unlikely,) a Shield RMSc with a glass lens, a Swampfox Sentinel or a 407k. Still in analysis paralysis mode.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List