Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

So I am totally confused, what is the difference between a HE508T, 508T v2? Looking for a new pistol red dot to get back into the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So I am totally confused, what is the difference between a HE508T, 508T v2? Looking for a new pistol red dot to get back into the pond.
    The V2 has a side loading battery and bigger buttons. HE508T has to come off to change the battery.

Oh, and the housing has a more square profile on the V2.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The V2 has a side loading battery and bigger buttons. HE508T has to come off to change the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Oh, and the housing has a more square profile on the V2.
    Thanks man, the wait begins for the V2.

Anyone carry appendix with a 509t? I'm having a hard time deciding if a closed emitter will be worth printing more. Just guessing because my 508t prints just enough to make me conscious about it VS no rds. Apparently I have to use a holster with no wing with my RDS pistol.
    Not much price difference between a 508t or 509t. Also the AOS has a package deal with holosun 507-509, FYI.

I just got in my 407 green dot. I had also ordered the CHPWS V4 unit.

It had everything I needed, including V3.

I can't wait to take it out and zero it, since it's as solid a unit as I've ever seen.

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    I just got in my 407 green dot. I had also ordered the CHPWS V4 unit.

It had everything I needed, including V3.

I can't wait to take it out and zero it, since it's as solid a unit as I've ever seen.
    I am not surprised. It held zero, and it had no trouble putting three rounds in the same hole at ten meters.

The Holosun seems like a solid buy.

I won't really know until I can do a class with it, but who knows when that will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    I am not surprised. It held zero, and it had no trouble putting three rounds in the same hole at ten meters.

The Holosun seems like a solid buy.

I won't really know until I can do a class with it, but who knows when that will be available.
    Hosted the Sig Pistol Mounted Red Dot Instructor Class at my agencies range a couple of weeks ago. Prior to class my 508t had 5300 rounds on it without issue. The second day of class was held in a tropical storm the east coast got hit by. Heavy rain and high winds made the day interesting. The 508t ran flawlessly through another 850 rounds as did 3 other Holosun's in class. Only issue was a little surface rust on the mounting screws the next day.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Hosted the Sig Pistol Mounted Red Dot Instructor Class at my agencies range a couple of weeks ago. Prior to class my 508t had 5300 rounds on it without issue. The second day of class was held in a tropical storm the east coast got hit by. Heavy rain and high winds made the day interesting. The 508t ran flawlessly through another 850 rounds as did 3 other Holosun's in class. Only issue was a little surface rust on the mounting screws the next day.
    Out of curiosity, what pistol is it mounted to?

ETA: Scott and the guys do a very good job with that class. Solid instructors and a solid curriculum.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Out of curiosity, what pistol is it mounted to?

ETA: Scott and the guys do a very good job with that class. Solid instructors and a solid curriculum.
    Its been mounted on top of a Shadow Systems MR918 since day 1.

User Tag List