Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I sent my 508T in for the same thing. The one I got back was identical. I am curious to hear if your replacement is straight. I have only used the dot reticle since.
    I’ll update the thread when I get it back.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Astigmatism can do more than make the dot distorted, it can make the circle and hashmarks appear canted as well. This happens with me, I've had holosun rifle optics with the circle dot do that only to straighten out when I'm wearing my contacts or look at it through the small aperture of the rear iron sight. If you get it back and still perceive a canted reticle, poke a tiny hole in a piece of paper and look through it at the reticle and see if it straightens out. If it does, your mark 1 eyeball is the problem and not the emitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    My 407 v1 got a lot of use but finally went south with the dot not zeroing. I contacted CS via email and on 10/13 I already had a prepaid shipping label. By 10/26 I had a shipment inbound and received a BNIB 507c V2 days later! Excellent customer service from HOLOSUN.
    That kind of pisses me off, they made me pay a $35 fee to go to the 507 and I still haven't received the promised tracking info.

My 509T continues to impress me. Carried it elk hunting multiple days in heavy snow and -12F temps. Great compromise between display size and overall size. Not much harder to conceal than a RMR. Used it for a finishing brain shot on a bull elk.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Astigmatism can do more than make the dot distorted, it can make the circle and hashmarks appear canted as well. This happens with me, I've had holosun rifle optics with the circle dot do that only to straighten out when I'm wearing my contacts or look at it through the small aperture of the rear iron sight. If you get it back and still perceive a canted reticle, poke a tiny hole in a piece of paper and look through it at the reticle and see if it straightens out. If it does, your mark 1 eyeball is the problem and not the emitter.
    I’ve had three other people look through the glass and observe a canted reticle so I’m hoping we don’t all have astigmatism.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’ve had three other people look through the glass and observe a canted reticle so I’m hoping we don’t all have astigmatism.
    If it's like mine, it's not only canted, but asymmetrical as well. The quadrants are different sizes. aka smunched.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My 509T continues to impress me. Carried it elk hunting multiple days in heavy snow and -12F temps. Great compromise between display size and overall size. Not much harder to conceal than a RMR. Used it for a finishing brain shot on a bull elk.
    Glad to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm waiting for it in green -- something Holosun is way ahead of the competition on -- giving us choices.

I have my 509T on manual, trying to wear out the battery, and it is still going strong.

The display is wider than the Acro, and has less frame, making the display significantly more usable than the Acro for my eyes. The 509T shoots closer to the SRO, than for example, the RMR. Hope it turns out to be reliable as I really like it so far.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Holosun X2 series expected out soon.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ptics-holosun/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just got my 507K-X2. First pistol RDS for me. Let the journey begin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List