Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Holosun is releasing enclosed micro dots that fit the 507k footprint. I’m unclear on the difference between the two. Should pair nicely with the Wilson 365X frame I ordered yesterday. Time to find another 365x…

Name:  9BC21295-89AA-4EED-8410-D1DCF9AA1F10.jpg
Views: 10846
Size:  66.1 KB

Name:  F52C44F4-1DC2-48A6-A1BB-34C5912D695A.jpg
Views: 13205
Size:  23.4 KB

Name:  DBF66245-8663-4999-B6A4-42203EF0D918.jpg
Views: 13463
Size:  26.5 KB

Damn I want these and now wish I didnt have RMR footprints

Nice. I also appreciate the more understated branding on the sight instead of the screaming-in-your-face white used on other 407/507 models.

Looking closer, it appears there are two window sizes with one footprint. It’ll be interesting to see the width dimensions on the larger window version. Looks like the larger one doesn’t have built in rear sights.

While enclosed emitter is my preference, I'm over top down screws and greatly prefer the no fuss clamp mounting systems like on my 509t and wish they would've taken it that direction.

This makes sense from a marketing perspective though. Fits the cuts already out there and will give those folks a chance to go enclosed emitter without changing anything so i get it.

My opinion is worth little though since I'm content with bigger optics and 19 sized pistols so i won't be a consumer of this regardless. My hope is that the industry trends toward clamp style pistol optics though, maybe with a standard slot print so factory options will mount several clamp style optics.

Nice to see holosun turning out options though.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Amazing.

A company that responds to customer demand (enclosed optic, no new weird proprietary mounting (eh, Trijicon?) standard, muted graphics on their controls, solar array on their CCW optic) and produces a product to meet it. Good for Holosun. The IPX8 rating (functions in water over 3', as I understand that standard) is a plus as well.

Will be interested in the reticle choices; maybe the difference is one has the circle/dot+circle/dot and one has dot-only?

Agree with @backtrail540 on the rail mount. I'd like to see the industry head that way as well. A slide on / clamp system such as the Nighthawk IOS System pointed out in another thread offers significant advantages. My guess is this is coming, but will take a bit more for the players to shake out and unify in the marketspace before that happens.

K cut = RMS-C?

Very interesting. I’m still unlikely to go Holosun, but I’m glad they are releasing these - it may help push the market towards compact enclosed emitter RDS.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I will likely buy many. Seems like a great choice for a lot of carry options.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    Looking closer, it appears there are two window sizes with one footprint. It’ll be interesting to see the width dimensions on the larger window version. Looks like the larger one doesn’t have built in rear sights.
    I am guessing it'll be RMS width (G19 slide) and RMSC (G43) width.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I am guessing it'll be RMS width (G19 slide) and RMSC (G43) width.
    Isn't it an RMR cut, not the RMS?

Would make me be reluctant to direct mill for a 509T, as that footprint didn't seem to get traction. A RMSc/K, RMR, and Acro range of footprints would seem to cover the range.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List