Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Very cool! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    That is brilliant thank you!
    My pleasure!

I'm waiting for a 509T to come in.

This will be my first RDS set up. If I decide I want to go with the 509T (I may also opt to buy a 508T for more mounting options), I have decided to either 1) send a Gen 3 or 4 slide to Jagerwerks for a 509T specific mill job, or 2) go with an Agency Arms AOS slide, either buy one, or send a slide in for milling.

I'd be looking for a lower 1/3 co-witness for the iron sights.

To those that have the AOS 509T set up, how do you like it, does the optic still sit nice and low? Would I still need suppressor height sights?

For the Jagerwerks mill job, will I still need suppressor height sights?

Lastly, one of the cool feature with the AOS is that I could opt for BUIS pre or post optic. I have yet to have a preference for this since I don't know what I don't know, however some pros seem to prefer the rear BUIS post optic, so it would be a nice option to have this.

BUT, to circle back a bit, if I achieve a lower 1/3 set up with the JagerWerks, I'm thinking that things would be GTG, no? I don't particularly fish for the rear sight when I present with Irons anyway, and I'm thinking that as long as the rear sight isn't super tall, or sticking into the optic field of view, I should be GTG and be able to get a good target based focus with the RDS. Is this correct do you think?

Thinking along similar lines, just how low does the 509T sit in a Jagerwerks mill job; will it make it more likely that I get too much sights in the optic window? Will standard height sights sit too high at that point potentially too, if I am aiming for a lower 1/3 set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm fairly new to the dot. Tried an RMR and didn't like it, so I've been playing around with the Holosun 507C line.

I recently ordered a 507C with the ACSS Vulcan reticle. When it arrived, I chucked it on a direct milled G19 and dry fired it. I also have a G19 with a standard 507C with the "normal" reticle, so I was able to compare side by side.

For me, I much prefer the 32 MOA circle that comes in the "normal" 507C. In dry fire, using non-standard firing positions, the ACSS reticle provided no advantages over the standard 32 MOA reticle. The gigantic circle and chevron in the ACSS reticle just seemed weird and clunky. I sent it back.

The standard 507C with the 32 MOA circle (or circle and dot, if you prefer) is the most user friendly entry into pistol-mounted red dots, in my opinion.

As always, YMMV.
    I am not new to the dot and I totally agree with your assessment on the Vulcan reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    I'm waiting for a 509T to come in.

This will be my first RDS set up. If I decide I want to go with the 509T (I may also opt to buy a 508T for more mounting options), I have decided to either 1) send a Gen 3 or 4 slide to Jagerwerks for a 509T specific mill job, or 2) go with an Agency Arms AOS slide, either buy one, or send a slide in for milling.

I'd be looking for a lower 1/3 co-witness for the iron sights.

To those that have the AOS 509T set up, how do you like it, does the optic still sit nice and low? Would I still need suppressor height sights?

For the Jagerwerks mill job, will I still need suppressor height sights?

Lastly, one of the cool feature with the AOS is that I could opt for BUIS pre or post optic. I have yet to have a preference for this since I don't know what I don't know, however some pros seem to prefer the rear BUIS post optic, so it would be a nice option to have this.

BUT, to circle back a bit, if I achieve a lower 1/3 set up with the JagerWerks, I'm thinking that things would be GTG, no? I don't particularly fish for the rear sight when I present with Irons anyway, and I'm thinking that as long as the rear sight isn't super tall, or sticking into the optic field of view, I should be GTG and be able to get a good target based focus with the RDS. Is this correct do you think?

Thinking along similar lines, just how low does the 509T sit in a Jagerwerks mill job; will it make it more likely that I get too much sights in the optic window? Will standard height sights sit too high at that point potentially too, if I am aiming for a lower 1/3 set up?
    I posted some pics of my setup from Jagerwerks here.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1207672

I went with the rear sight they recommended on their page and the matching front that Dawson recommended for the Glock 45 (was slightly different than that Jagerwerks had listed).

I actually haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet to test the POI, but since I sent with their digested height they will swap it out if it isn’t perfect.

They are lower than suppressor height sights, but just slightly taller than standard sights. They definitely don’t take up too much of the window, and are better in that regard than my RMR or 508t.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I posted some pics of my setup from Jagerwerks here.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1207672

I went with the rear sight they recommended on their page and the matching front that Dawson recommended for the Glock 45 (was slightly different than that Jagerwerks had listed).

I actually haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet to test the POI, but since I sent with their digested height they will swap it out if it isn’t perfect.

They are lower than suppressor height sights, but just slightly taller than standard sights. They definitely don’t take up too much of the window, and are better in that regard than my RMR or 508t.
    Thanks for that link...it does look very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I am not new to the dot and I totally agree with your assessment on the Vulcan reticle.
    I wonder how much dot/reticle preference is similar to iron sights in that with some sights each person's eyes "see what they need to see" and with others they don't. That's been my journey with irons at least; some of them just don't work well for me.

I've mentioned it in a few threads, but I got antsy waiting the first time for a 507C with the ACSS Vulcan reticle so I bought an RM06 instead. I went ahead and ordered another 507C and it came this week. The proof is in the shooting and long term, but I was more impressed with the Holosun after mounting and dry work than I have been with the RMR. Maybe it was just metered expectations for each. The feature set on the Holosun is pretty well thought out and I think the Vulcan really has helped me find the "dot" better at times. Testing to commence as soon as my CHPWS plate gets here.

I did a rough zero at 7 and then 10 yards with one magazine of carry ammo, this was the second target shot at 10 yards with the final zero in the X. Hopefully I have access to 25 yards sometime in the near future, I ended this target with an odd number since I did not keep track of my ammo count I was worried about zeroing with my astigmatism, I just did my best to center the dot in the X.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Since I was at it, I did one for the 507k as well...
    Well, shoot, I think the only difference in the 507c and 507k as far as this is concerned is the auto feature of the 507c? That being the case, I went ahead and made a combined c/k version of this, along with some additional info and editorial amendments, so here it is. Somebody check this and let me know if you see any errors or significant omissions.

Name:  IMG_8935.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  64.7 KB

Below is the pdf to print and clip out / fold over:

qrc_507ck_v1.pdf

I received another 507C. Mounted it to a direct milled G19 and discovered it suffers from "infant mortality" (GJM's term, IIRC).

The dot blinks on and off when I shake the gun. In manual mode, the dot is extremely dim from levels 1 - 11. At level 12, it jumps up suddenly in brightness. Installed a new Duracell and the problem persists. It will go back to the factory.

My lesson: function test before mounting.

I think the 507K on my 365XL has an issue, as it is going through a battery every three weeks or so. Anyone else getting short battery life from their K?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List