Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I switched off the 32MOA circle on my 507C and tried some dry practice with my G34. Headed to the range soon to shoot it that way. I seem to like the less ‘busy’ sight picture. I also will take off the trial front sight to do this eval.

With regard to putting a dot on my (to be milled) G48, are there any negatives to picking a 407K over a 507K, with just the 6MOA dot, if I end up liking to shoot USPSA with just the 2MOA dot, or will I get killed in the street?
    I think both are attractive, for different reasons. The 407K has a larger dot, which I think is an advantage over the 2 moa dot on the 507K, but the 5 series has the circle dot option which the 4 series does not. As much as I think the circle dot is a disadvantage for pure technical shooting, I think a circle dot is a great carry reticle because it isn’t subject to multiple dots in weird light, and you may find the circle dit more reliably with a poor index.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    With a WML, set brightness. The dot can was out terribly when using WML. One of reasons I don't want to upgrade my older SF lights to new 1000 lumen stuff.
    I have an older X300U 600-lumen light and a newer X300U 1000 lumen unit, and the hotspot from the older model is actually tighter and more concentrated than the newer one.

The 1000 lumen unit produces a lot more usable spill, but the overall effect is that they appear identical in terms of light intensity, in the RDS window, at the same dot brightness settings.

Has anyone tried Holosuns under NODs? Bill Blowers was posting on P&S on how he was getting significant POA/POI shift with this 507, and was curious if this was just him; apparently someone else was seeing the same thing with 507s and 508s. Some speculation about how it might be due to differences in refractive indices between visual and infrared with the lens material used.

Site Supporter
    Just picked up a G45 and ordered a 509T. Slides going off to Jagerwerks for milling. Looking forward to getting some time with the 509T.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Just picked up a G45 and ordered a 509T. Slides going off to Jagerwerks for milling. Looking forward to getting some time with the 509T.
    And since I have to wait for the optic, then 8-12 weeks for the milling/nitrite, said screw it, seems like a perfect time to send the frame to Boresite.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Has anyone tried Holosuns under NODs? Bill Blowers was posting on P&S on how he was getting significant POA/POI shift with this 507, and was curious if this was just him; apparently someone else was seeing the same thing with 507s and 508s. Some speculation about how it might be due to differences in refractive indices between visual and infrared with the lens material used.
    Aaron Cowan had a review up of the 507 with the ACSS Vulcan reticle. He specifically mentioned liking it when using NODs and didn't mention any POI shift.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Aaron Cowan had a review up of the 507 with the ACSS Vulcan reticle. He specifically mentioned liking it when using NODs and didn't mention any POI shift.
    In regards to the ACSS reticle, for my astigmatism it's a no go.

Checked one out at a local shop, it looked like a burning Christmas tree. Completely useless for my eyes, and definitely worth giving a look before you buy, if you have astigmatism.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    And since I have to wait for the optic, then 8-12 weeks for the milling/nitrite, said screw it, seems like a perfect time to send the frame to Boresite.
    That’s what I tend to do, usually send the frame to Ben while the slides at ATEi.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    In regards to the ACSS reticle, for my astigmatism it's a no go.

Checked one out at a local shop, it looked like a burning Christmas tree. Completely useless for my eyes, and definitely worth giving a look before you buy, if you have astigmatism.
    What have you had luck with for your astigmatism?

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    What have you had luck with for your astigmatism?
    Best I've seen, was a Trijicon RMR02 with 6.5 MOA on my buddy's Nighthawk. He deals with astigmatism and also has monovision correction. He said he looked through the stores inventory to find one that didn't bloom.

I've tried other Trijicon RMR06, MRO, Aimpoints, Holosun HS403GL, Riton MPRD and PRD, Swampfox, etc. They all have some degree of bloom.

Not enough time with green dots to give an opinion.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List