Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    This is a perfect application for E6000.
    No it is not.

I tried E6000 on a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro on a Staccsto and it failed. I know others who used “more” and destroyed optics.

E6000 is not a reliable solution. At best it works for the individual with their specific choice of optic platform but to adopt it as a policy or to recommend it as common practice… I can’t

Add to that we’re talking about the very small screws to a battery door/tray and I’ll continue to use the products designed for and proven over a large sample size to work on screws such as Loctite 248.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    No it is not.

I tried E6000 on a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro on a Staccsto and it failed. I know others who used “more” and destroyed optics.

E6000 is not a reliable solution. At best it works for the individual with their specific choice of optic platform but to adopt it as a policy or to recommend it as common practice… I can’t

Add to that we’re talking about the very small screws to a battery door/tray and I’ll continue to use the products designed for and proven over a large sample size to work on screws such as Loctite 248.
    I think that’s going to come down to how things are applied.

It’s only for vibration components like plates.

It’s NOT for things like cosmetic undersides of optics or else you’ll pull off the cover and wiring (which is what your others probably did).

When I use it for optics directly it’s an adjunct. Usually for space filling on bosses so there’s no wiggling.

So the application in this case on the battery cover screw is just a light dust on the underside of the cap head and NOT on the threading.

Totally fine if you don’t feel comfortable using it, but don’t conflate inappropriate application with “doesn’t have an application.”

You don’t use it like loctite. It’s not meant to hold threads.

If you tried using it like that on your staccato, that’s not going to work.

It’s there to bed the plate so the screws don’t have to do all the work. You can AND SHOULD still loctite the screws as usual.

And because it’s so easy to remove with rubbing with a finger or toothpick, you can even dollop on top of the battery screw head when in place so it doesn’t back out with vibration. It doesn’t have to hold torque, just resist shaking loose on this application.

I use it as an anti-walk cap on noncaptured frame pins too.
    Last edited by JCN; 11-23-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Was cleaning my 407k x2 (purchased new about 4 months ago) after a range visit with the P365x today and noticed something missing:

Attachment 85816

The hole is where the battery tray screw should be. Not sure where/when it dropped out. The optic still works, as the battery tray is still inserted. This is the original screw / battery, I have not messed with replacing the battery even. I guess I should have torqued it when I got it. By the way, does anyone know the torque spec for the battery tray screw?

I emailed Holosun CS and asked them where I could purchase a couple spares. I see that Battlewerx also offers a non-OEM hex screw at $5.99 apiece, but I'd like the original if possible.

Anyone have a good source of these screws, if I can't get any info back from Holosun?
    My wife was replacing the battery in her 507K on her 365X this afternoon, when she dropped the screw that secures the battery compartment. Unfortunately, the floor below her bench is speckled black and white, which makes finding small parts very difficult. We both looked for a half hour and gave up, at which point I filched a screw from another Holosun optic. I announced I would do the Hail Mary and vacuum the floor in her area with our portable DeWalt vacuum and see if it showed up inside the vacuum. Should have bought a lottery ticket today, because when I opened up the DeWalt, I found the little Holosun screw!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife was replacing the battery in her 507K on her 365X this afternoon, when she dropped the screw that secures the battery compartment. Unfortunately, the floor below her bench is speckled black and white, which makes finding small parts very difficult. We both looked for a half hour and gave up, at which point I filched a screw from another Holosun optic. I announced I would do the Hail Mary and vacuum the floor in her area with our portable DeWalt vacuum and see if it showed up inside the vacuum. Should have bought a lottery ticket today, because when I opened up the DeWalt, I found the little Holosun screw!
    Good solution! The magnet off your gamer belt would work in a pinch too!

Has anyone mentioned the new 507k with new ACSS Dot reticle? It’s got a center dot instead of a chevron and a dashed circle instead of the solid circle.

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...vulcan-reticle

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...vulcan-reticle

Banned
    Just installed an SCS MP on my M&P Metal. Having trouble uploading a .jpg for some reason. Very nice fit, with no plate of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    Just installed an SCS MP on my M&P Metal. Having trouble uploading a .jpg for some reason. Very nice fit, with no plate of course.
    I will upload one for you that I took at the LGS.

Name:  06AB678F-40CD-441E-BEE1-E0E8E3319287.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  101.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I REALLY want to try one of those optics but fear my iron sights on my optics ready M&P are going to be too tall and interfere with view through the optic. I actually have the same concern with the EPS too.

Those standard height sights look perfect for the SCS.

Banned

Looks just like mine

Thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I REALLY want to try one of those optics but fear my iron sights on my optics ready M&P are going to be too tall and interfere with view through the optic. I actually have the same concern with the EPS too.

Those standard height sights look perfect for the SCS.
    I have M&Ps with standard- and OR-height sights and the OR sights are definitely higher than I’d like with the SCS. The “normal” sights are a good size.

User Tag List