Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Just an update for anyone wondering about their warranty service, I'm still without a replacement for the HS407C V2 they received from me on September 5. The last update I received was that they are awaiting inventory. This may very well not be normal turnaround for them as I have a feeling that I'm caught up in the change from the V2 to the X2 and they intend to send me the X2. I don't see the HS407C-X2 available anywhere for sale yet, so I suspect I won't get a warranty replacement until the first batch of those make it to the US from the factory.

Just traded into my 2nd G19 MOS with Holosun 507C V2, using a CHW Precision plate, V4

Finally got all the parts to finish my build. HK UMP 9mm clone using a TBT receiver. The optic mount is a Kinetic Development Group Sidelok RMR low profile mount. I used a Trijicon sealing plate as a shim as well as the RMR adapter plate that came with the 509T. Without the sealing plate, the RMR mount nipples are too tall for the Holosun adapter plate, so you can't actually tighten it down all the way. I also had the same problem when I attempted to mount the 509T + adapter plate to my AIM Surplus G17 RMR cut slide, so just beware you'll probably need a sealing plate or other shim if attempting to use that adapter plate.

Name:  IMG_20201012_183651_tn.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  36.3 KB

Attachment 61709

Name:  IMG_20201012_183611_tn.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  16.6 KB

Attachment 61711
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To date, I have not been overly impressed with Holosun pistol optics — ok for a price point, but not my first choice. However, the 509T so far, has changed my opinion. The display is large enough to feel good shooting, while the external footprint is concealable, the auto intensity seems good, and you get a sealed emitter. For a carry dot, if it proves reliable and the battery works to spec, this may be my favorite carry dot.

Attachment 61466
    I have a spare 19MOS slide sitting around and am tempted to get a CHPWS plate and build up with a 509T. How much does the optic overhang the slide? Am I going to have to dremmel my holsters to clear?

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I have a spare 19MOS slide sitting around and am tempted to get a CHPWS plate and build up with a 509T. How much does the optic overhang the slide? Am I going to have to dremmel my holsters to clear?
    The 19 MOS with C&H plate and 509T fits in my regular optics Glock JM holster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Got my 509T today. The RMR adapter feels very beefy, but tightening the optic onto it causes it to flex. C&H plate is inbound and I'll move the 509T to an MOS gun.

Overall quality of the 509T appears very high. Current production ones retain (as expected) the better buttons.

I checked in again yesterday on my warranty replacement for my cracked glass 407c v2. There are no 407c-x2s to be had yet, but they were very gracious and offered me a $35 upgrade to the 507 which I think is more than fair. I took that option and they should be shipping out today. I guess I should give the circle dot a try since I'll have it. I've had no problems getting in touch with them and they have been responsive through email. I feel like if it wasn't 2020 where everything is stupid and insane, I would have had fast turnaround. Even though it's been almost 2 months, I'll say their customer service is good.
    It's been sort of a blessing in disguise as I've now got a lot of rounds through the Ameriglo suppressor height sights, have them zeroed for my carry ammo, and know how they behave at 3, 7, 10, 15, and 25 yards very well. I put some Testor's fluorescent orange on the front sight and have carried on with them as the primary sighting system until the replacement arrives, and I'm comfortable with them now. I'm just really anxious to be able to get reps in again on acquiring the dot as I'm still in the transition phase.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 11-03-2020 at 03:53 PM.

I only ever used my 507c V1 with the Dot reticle. I recently showed it to a coworker who wanted to handle one and observed the Circle Dot reticle was canted to the left when I switched to that mode to show him. I contacted Holosun and they sent me a prepaid shipping label quickly. Tracking shows it arrived on Monday. I’m hoping my wait isn’t too long.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

My 407 v1 got a lot of use but finally went south with the dot not zeroing. I contacted CS via email and on 10/13 I already had a prepaid shipping label. By 10/26 I had a shipment inbound and received a BNIB 507c V2 days later! Excellent customer service from HOLOSUN.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I only ever used my 507c V1 with the Dot reticle. I recently showed it to a coworker who wanted to handle one and observed the Circle Dot reticle was canted to the left when I switched to that mode to show him. I contacted Holosun and they sent me a prepaid shipping label quickly. Tracking shows it arrived on Monday. I’m hoping my wait isn’t too long.
    I sent my 508T in for the same thing. The one I got back was identical. I am curious to hear if your replacement is straight. I have only used the dot reticle since.

User Tag List